Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@littleone2 wrote:

Hi LuckyPeach, So nice to see you posting.  Happy Holidays!  That was a terrific price on the OTO.  If I had extra cash, I would have been ordering it!  I will be anxious to hear your review.  

The board has been way too quiet.  I don't know if there were any posts during the shows last week.  It sounds like you were busy with the family.  

I actually missed the morning show today but hope to tune in for the evening show.  I did catch some of the shows over the weekend and really enjoyed them.  I debated waiting to order the TSV earrings because previous TSV's that don't sell out usually get marked down nicely.  In the end, however, I ordered the TSV in both silver and gold clad because I want to enjoy them now.  I am still awaiting their arrival.  I have a previous 5 ct t.w. stud Judith did for a TSV and like them very much.  These were a little fancier, and Beth mentioned were taken directly from a couture design.  I also purchased the little table top silver box (in sapphire crystal) that was on sale.  

Our beloved, rescue dog, Copper (a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever), had to be put to sleep this month so we are down to one rescue dog.  I hope you and your husband and furry friends are all in good health.   I wish you and all the Ripkanistas a wonderful holiday.  

Littleone2, it is great to see you!  Thanks for the update on the last shows.  I've been still working on dental stuff for myself and health testing for DH.  It has been tough getting the results out of our HMO and we've had to have some redos.  I used to work in Big Pharma research and know testing, so I hate it when I get an email that says a result is "normal" which means nothing.  It is really important to get the actual result and range to determine meaning, since conventional doctors do nothing unless you are very ill.  And who want to wait until things are really going downhill?

I hear you on the TSV earrings and whether to wait or not.  Some of the markdowns are killer but am glad you are enjoying them now.  I really don't think those earrings will go down all that far in price (like say the convertible pearl necklace...ouch!) so you are pretty safe.  But remember, if you are within 30-31 days of receipt and they get marked down you can always call and get a credit!

Am so very sorry to hear about your baby, {{{Copper}}}.  It must be so hard for you all.  Was Copper ill? 

Our two Yorkies are OK but the newer girl (we got her 15 months ago--she's about 5-8 years old) loves to pick fights with our 10-year-old male whom we rescued at age 1.  We often have to pull them apart.  They are close in size and she's the first dog he cannot dominate.  He gives her the stink eye and she goes for it!  They look like Yorkie "Rock'em, Sock'em Robots" if you remember that old toy.  No one ever gets injured.

Take care and very sorry about the loss of your beloved Copper. Heart ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@littleone2 wrote:

Restraint is not good right now.  I just noticed the diamonique & romance bangle bracelet that was an earlier TSV on autodelivery was marked down to $119 and on 6 easy payents.  (Wasn't the TSV around $199?)  I bought the blue topaz AND amethyst and took advantage of the easy pay.  I'm done.....should have been done after the shows last week.  Oh well, it is a new year to start paying on easy pay again.  I was done with the easy pay when December started.  

Littleone2, yep, speaking of those markdowns, grrr!  I got both too at TSVs!  On the other end, the Verona coin ring was marked down so I finally caved on it.  Win some, lose some, I guess.  I'll be plowing though E/Ps, too, so you have good company!  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

@ghb wrote:

Hi Peach and ladies....Happy Holidays! Sammycat...sending you GetWell wishes....Last visit I ordered the TSV studs in both colors...love them! Also ordered an OTO 4 strand torsade necklace....the 4th strand was a snake chain, but it was too lightweight and kinked up and would not lay correctly even after I took it off and made sure it was properly aligned. Back it goes...so sad! Peach, that Ambrosia bracelet is to die for....cannot wait for your review...wear it in good health. 

This Christmas will be very low key for us....my Dad passed away in late October, only 2 months after being diagnosed with lung cancer. I went up and stayed with my Mom for 5 weeks through Thanksgiving and will be with her for Christmas. Things were pretty much predone, but there were visits to the Veterans Administration, etc. mom is a military wife, so she is handling it well. Dad had a full adventure-filled life and we all had a very close and open relationship, so there are no regrets, and nothing was left unsaid. I am very fortunate to be able to say that. 

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and a very Happy and Healthy 2016! 

GHB, hello!  Thanks for the good wishes on the Ambrosia.  With the E/Ps, I thought it was worth checking out! 

Sorry to hear about the kinked-up snake chain on the four-strand OTO.  I have it and didn't have that issue, though I see what you mean about the snake; it is a tad "creaky" if that makes sense.  I was OK with the 70 grams but also found it interesting that this chain necklace is quite a bit closer to being shiny compared to JR's traditional matte-satin Berge carving.  Definitely different from her usual designs...

{{GHB}}, so sad to hear about your Dad, even with the good parts that all was said and the relationship was good. and the plus that he had an adventurous life.  Your holidays will be different from here on out.  That was such a short window between diagnosis and you all had so much to adjust to quickly.  I'm glad that you are able to help your mom.  Do you live far apart?    I hope her health is OK.

I hope your Dad didn't suffer too much.  Was he a WWII or Vietnam veteran?  He sounds like such a cool guy! 

I lost my mom at age 19 two weeks before Christmas.  She was poisoned by PCBs and only 47, though it took me nine years to figure out the cause after research came out. PCBs were banned a few years later and must be stored like radiation. 

I'll be thinking of you this holiday season and sending supportive thoughts...take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Hi Peachie and everyone! I bought the rose gold chrono watch, I have the YG and SS in small already and actually bought the 1/2 inch extender for each to wear as more of a bracelet ...my tastes change.  I don't know how long the sale prices are going to last, but she has a tennis bracelet in emerald and diamonique that I'd like to buy once michigan state beats bama.....hahaha....or I would've bought the ambrosia for sure.  I was sick all last week, and my son has been sick this week....now I am worn out and hope I don't get what he has......CA in the winter is not fun.......Stay healthy everyone!  Shopping is great therapy!!!!

MickD!!  Congrats on going all in on the chrono watch!  I know what it's like when you like something and have to collect all of the metals.  I've done that recently on the JRQ DMQ love knot necklace.  I only have the rose on the chrono and it is a great watch!

JR's sales have been nice over the past couple months.  I was baaad.  Well, let's hope your team wins so you get that JR tennis bracelet!  Speaking of football, my university team is playing in the Poinsettia Bowl next week.  I think my NIU Huskies deserve a little California sunshine!  We've already pulled out our NIU gear...

Sorry that you and your son have been ill.  Hope you both feel better soon!  ITA about retail therapy, haha!  Take care~Peach

Actual board stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; post count: 11,541.

Valued Contributor

It's wonderful to "see so many familiar faces" posting to this thread!  Best wishes to each of you for a wonderful celebration of the holidays!!

Frequent Contributor

Peach, thanks for your kind words. Sorry that you lost your Mom so young. My Mom is 300 miles away in North Florida while we live in South Florida. She is in OK health, but she is 82. Dad was a Vietnam vet. He was 76, just 2 weeks shy of his 77th birthday. He was a Green Beret, Special Forces, Ranger, paratrooper, etc. Thank God, he didn't really have any pain, and he went quickly.He hated feeling weak or out of control.... As for the holidays, they haven't been the same since 1992 when my younger brother ( my only sibling) died at age 29 from complications due to heart surgery. I think that's why my Mom and I are doing better dealing with Dad's passing. We were lucky that Dad was even diagnosed.....we found out "accidentally" when he had a minor car accident and the doctor had a chest x-ray because he had heart issues. Otherwise, who knows what could have happened? 

OK.....enough sadness....we just need to get through Christmas and the New Year and move forward......that's what Dad wanted......thanks for listening and for thinking of me. I really haven't shared this with much.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuckyPeach, I either have peroneal tendonitis in the foot/ankle due to my gait radically changing post-knee-replacement (my old knee was bone-on-bone to the point that my leg had become bow-legged!  And when they straighten it out, the rest of the leg is under a lot of strain adjusting). If it's tendonitis, it can be a fix from a walking boot to ultrasound to electrical stim and PT. The second possibility is the peroneal nerve got compressed (they cut so many in surgery) that it might need a minor surgical fix.  I hope it's the former...but I will be OK.  BTW, DH was thrilled to hear all that your DH is doing.

Everyone, a big hurrah for Peach for keeping this kind of post going, and for all of you still coming here to talk all things Judith.  It's a tough time in our family, too.  My dear mother -- who had a knee replacement 20 years ago -- fell and broke her leg because the implant came loose, and they had to do emergency surgery to fix it...a highly risky operation.  She came through but I'm fearful she's just done and doesn't have to will to push through the pain to do the PT.  I try to kid her that we now have matching fresh scars and hope to keep her spirits up.

So it did my heart good to stop by and see familiar names -- and talk about our shared love of Ripka jewelry.  I wish you all the very best of holidays possible!

Respected Contributor

chRe: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2015 visit--what are youinterested in?... :)

I own the chrono watch in rose, silver and gold.  I love that watch.  I thought the  black onyx necklace was a beauty and so versatile. I probably will purchase today while the sale price is still on.  I already own the estate looking spinel earrings that were shown with it.  They are lovely and classy.

Frequent Contributor

Sammycat.....sending you and your Mom GetWellWishes!  I agree that Peach has been a blessing keeping us connected. It's nice.to hear everyone's opinions on the Ripka pieces   And an opportunity to share what's going on in our lives. thank you to Peach and everyone who "meets" here. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to everyone ....

Super Contributor

Yo, Peachy!

Missing talking with you, honey.  Hope you are well and happy new year.

If you're on FB, meander on over to the Ripkanista group and sign in to meet and greet with lots of friends.

Hope to chat with you soon.