Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Sorry I missed the last visit entirely--family stuff took me away that day.  Just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing for the holidays which I know can be tough for so many of us.  I still have to send out my cards even though I had them made a month ago...OY! 

Here's the basics on this visit:  Thursday 11AM-Noon, Eastern Standard Time (8-9AM Pacific Standard Time); 6-8PM EST (3-5PM PST).

Looks like some tempting sale prices this time around!

Hope everyone is hanging in there.  Please stop by to say hello!Heart  Happiest Holidays~~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Ripkanistas: is anyone getting the multi-gem OTO Ambrosia bracelet (J324927)?  It's a serious commitment but after fiddling for 45 minutes and finally getting the video with Beth presenting to play through, I went for it.  This is why I posted this thread late.  Reviews are mixed but I decided to check it out.  Which length did you go for?

~Peach

Sammycat, how are you feeling?  How is your recovery progressing?  Please tell your DH that my DH is working on another instrument to monitor gases inside an astronaut's space suit, so he's been down at Johnson in Texas a few times.  He's also been using his new methane instrument at the serious Aliso methane leak (running rampant for nearly two months = to 1/4 of the methane the entire state of California emits in one day, each day) which is from an aging gas storage facility.

Actual board stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; post count: 11,536.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mid-December 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi Peach!  My recovrry is going well...I can say now that the early pain is going to be worth it.  A setback with what appears to be foot/ankle tendonitis in that same leg, but we're working on it.

Thanks for the info on your DH...I'll pass it on to mine, as I know he'll be excited about it!

Bought the stud earring/jacket set....saw the ambrosia but have to be good because DH made a splurge purchase for me at our jeweler after my surgery.  Please post a review of that beauty when you get it...I'll have to live vicariously through you!

Valued Contributor

Hi, @LuckyPeach!  That Amrosia bracelet is simply exquisite...hope you're thrilled when it arrives.  Wear it in health and happiness!

I finished my shopping earlier than usual this year.  DH and I are flying out this weekend to spend 3 weeks with my family.  I had all of our gifts shipped directly to my mother's home and will wrap, etc. when I arrive.  Haven't purchased much from Judith's offerings lately...only the black onyx clad Monaco ring (previously mentioned) and Madison watch in yellow clad.  Both arrived in perfect condition and, in my opinion, are flawlessly executed.

Hope all is going well in the "Peach" household and your celebration of the holidays is perfect in every way!!

Frequent Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach, So nice to see you posting.  Happy Holidays!  That was a terrific price on the OTO.  If I had extra cash, I would have been ordering it!  I will be anxious to hear your review.  

The board has been way too quiet.  I don't know if there were any posts during the shows last week.  It sounds like you were busy with the family.  

I actually missed the morning show today but hope to tune in for the evening show.  I did catch some of the shows over the weekend and really enjoyed them.  I debated waiting to order the TSV earrings because previous TSV's that don't sell out usually get marked down nicely.  In the end, however, I ordered the TSV in both silver and gold clad because I want to enjoy them now.  I am still awaiting their arrival.  I have a previous 5 ct t.w. stud Judith did for a TSV and like them very much.  These were a little fancier, and Beth mentioned were taken directly from a couture design.  I also purchased the little table top silver box (in sapphire crystal) that was on sale.  

Our beloved, rescue dog, Copper (a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever), had to be put to sleep this month so we are down to one rescue dog.  I hope you and your husband and furry friends are all in good health.   I wish you and all the Ripkanistas a wonderful holiday.  

Honored Contributor

Hi Peachie and everyone! I bought the rose gold chrono watch, I have the YG and SS in small already and actually bought the 1/2 inch extender for each to wear as more of a bracelet ...my tastes change.  I don't know how long the sale prices are going to last, but she has a tennis bracelet in emerald and diamonique that I'd like to buy once michigan state beats bama.....hahaha....or I would've bought the ambrosia for sure.  I was sick all last week, and my son has been sick this week....now I am worn out and hope I don't get what he has......CA in the winter is not fun.......Stay healthy everyone!  Shopping is great therapy!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Frequent Contributor

Restraint is not good right now.  I just noticed the diamonique & romance bangle bracelet that was an earlier TSV on autodelivery was marked down to $119 and on 6 easy payents.  (Wasn't the TSV around $199?)  I bought the blue topaz AND amethyst and took advantage of the easy pay.  I'm done.....should have been done after the shows last week.  Oh well, it is a new year to start paying on easy pay again.  I was done with the easy pay when December started.  

Frequent Contributor

Hi Peach and ladies....Happy Holidays! Sammycat...sending you GetWell wishes....Last visit I ordered the TSV studs in both colors...love them! Also ordered an OTO 4 strand torsade necklace....the 4th strand was a snake chain, but it was too lightweight and kinked up and would not lay correctly even after I took it off and made sure it was properly aligned. Back it goes...so sad! Peach, that Ambrosia bracelet is to die for....cannot wait for your review...wear it in good health. 

This Christmas will be very low key for us....my Dad passed away in late October, only 2 months after being diagnosed with lung cancer. I went up and stayed with my Mom for 5 weeks through Thanksgiving and will be with her for Christmas. Things were pretty much predone, but there were visits to the Veterans Administration, etc. mom is a military wife, so she is handling it well. Dad had a full adventure-filled life and we all had a very close and open relationship, so there are no regrets, and nothing was left unsaid. I am very fortunate to be able to say that. 

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and a very Happy and Healthy 2016! 

Valued Contributor

Sammycat, overall good news for your recovery but ouch! on the tendonitis.  What is the fix for that?  Is that healing pain?  Circulatory?  Hope things keep on the upswing for you and I know you'll be careful with walking on areas hit by ice and snow.

Does your DH read Science magazine?  DH's mentor is coming out with a new article on Mars' weather and atmosphere...

That stud earring/jacket set is such a huge value and the new price is impossible to pass up!  Congrats...  I have found that 3/8" across or 9mm-10mm fits into the jackets and have been tracking down several ball-type earrings (some on Groupon...Turquoise, etc.) or pearls to fit inside.  Nearly all have worked out pretty well.  Post must be centered and on the thin side.

That's so cool that your DH did that for you!  I know that I'll be paying off the Ambrosia for awhile but that's OK.  I consider this all to be an investment long term which can be enjoyed.  Will be starting up the review threads again in January and hope to return to regular posting.  Take care and Happy Holidays!!  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Dallas-Dame, thanks for answering and am hoping the Ambrosia is a good one.

That's wonderful that you and DH are able to spend three weeks with family.  Hope you have a perfect time--and very smart to ship presents ahead.

Congrats on the Black Onyx clad Monaco--that's a classic and the Madison clad watch.  I'm afraid I'm a hopeless JR collector--'til death do we part!!

Thanks for the good wishes.  It is just me, DH, the Yorkies and a lovebird far from our Midwest roots (all immediate family are in the hereafter).  We have a couple of nice neighbors, though--one I'm going out to lunch with tomorrow.  Take care and Happy 2016 to you!!  ~Peach