Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@Just Bling wrote:

I really need to call it a night but I just had to chuckle about Judith's blog celebrating her 20th anniversary with the Q.   I hope she gets as much as all the loyal customers who support the Q or should I say have supported the Q for 20 plus years.

The ring is really nice, wouldn't it be wonderful if it were real diamonds!

Just Bling, hello, I have to say my JR collection (all types from couture to JRTWO to mostly JRQ) is proof of major support.  About the TSV ring, yes it would be fabulous to be real diamonds, or even white Sapphires like she uses in her other collections.  I hope it isn't lightweight.  Thanks for posting! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach Hey Peachie!  I hope things are going well!  I am posting on sammy's thread.

MickD, so tell me what has been going on with you...are you getting anything?  I've been so bad recently with all of the LTS.  How are your eyes doing?  How is DH--is he working at home, yet?  My eyes, thanks to more exfoliation of those meibomian glands (the inner eye liner) and major supplements, are almost normal.  Very little glare when driving at night now.  Cannot believe how scared I was when I couldn't tolerate any outdoor light.  It all seems like a bad dream.  My DH is at NASA Houston.  He's creating a sensor which goes into astronaut space suits. Did you get the work done on yard and leaks?  I am still working on changing the front yard from grass to mulch.  With my CFS, it is a slow project and I can only get DH to dig up small areas each weekend.  I finished my pink hat which, except for the yarn color, turned out to look more like an art object you'd see showing masks and hats from a primitive culture in a museum.  It is a bit stiff and heavy to wear, ha!  I might have to make something softer.  Honestly, it cracks me up to look at it.  It might end up on display only.

Have you had any problems with Q deliveries?  Several were lost by UPS mail innovations and never made it to the post office.  A UPS red replacement which was out for delivery today, never showed up, either (11PM, last check).  I wonder if I will find it on the porch early AM--this has happened before.  Very annoying!  Hope all is OK and thanks for posting.  ~Peach

Actual stats: Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,660.

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peach!  I can't remember my first Ripka piece anymore!  Already bought the moon and stars cuff on LTS thanks to an alert from @sunshine45.

Sammycat, how are you doing?  I got that cuff, too, in silver.  Did you go for silver or the clad?  Please tell your DH mine is working on a CO2 sensor for astronaut space suits.  We had a drama with another person leaving, taking DH's interns who also quit and thinking he's going to make a million with DH's other prototype.  Except that now this person is gone, none of the industry people will talk to him without the actual inventor (DH) on board.  He just knew how to demonstrate the invention. He thinks the interns will build a copy.  It's sort of like thinking you know how to drive by watching another person drive. Meanwhile, the invention will be made in the US by a Japanese-owned company who finally signed on after dragging things out for a couple of years. The patent came though, too.  A big relief and a relief to see the other person who is out for himself go.  This took all of my limited energy and caused a lot of stress in our household.  Looking forward, what do you think of all the new JRQ designs?  My head is exploding a little bit with all the new.  I've been so bad lately, I'm trying to stay strong.  How is your writing?  I'm still posting my NYT comments like mad.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

My first pieces were the SS pave heart ring.  The black leather cord necklace with the pave heart clip on and the curb link SS necklace....mainstays!!!!!

Mick!  Love, love, love all of those and have several of the black magnetic leather set.  Which necklace do you mean?  Plain Rolo?  Key to My Heart lock?  On trips (which have become more rare the past few years), I have always taken a spare of the leather mag necklace and then a few enhancers. I try to find charms during the trip to hang on it, too. Makes it fun.  I think these, as you say, mainstays should always be in the JRQ collection, but they can be found easily in the secondary market.  Great, timeless pieces!!  Agreed!Heart  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

my first JR piece was the leather cord necklace with the magnetic puffed heart enhancer. still have it, still wear it.

Sunshine45, fabulous and iconic Ripka.  Did you get any of the other leather cords that were offered way back when?  Red, ivory, wheat brown?  Recently, the DMQ pave on the puffed heart just fell out, so I took it to my jeweler and he carefully superglued it back in place.  Strange, huh?  It looked like it originally just popped in place.  I didn't want to take any chances.  Thanks for posting.  ~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,663.

Valued Contributor

@number one queen wrote:

I do remember my first pieces it was the beautiful cuff and pendant set, she made, and the heart ring. I have loved that set  since I first saw it. I have a goodly number of her pieces,and love all of them. I am not getting the TSV, it's not doing anything for me! I am a little disappointed, but I always do find something, even if I have to put it on my wish list!

Numberonequeen, can you describe the cuff and pendant set?  Was it from the original auto delivery designs?  The DMQ heart ring is so nice and JR has made several design sizes and gemstones.  Every once and a while, I try to add one with a different gemstone.  I'm waiting on the TSV since I have several similar pieces from the JRTWO collection.  I put stuff on my wishlist, too.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

I think my first JR piece was her heart ring.  I watched the presentation, and even though the TSV ring is pretty, I don't need it.  What I did need was the American West Spiny Oyster ring which is an LTS today.  Then I found the matching cuff, on clearance, and bought that as well.  I will look for OTO's.  I looked at my  JR wishlist, and none of my items are reduced.

Vickie00, it seems like that DMQ heart ring was pretty popular, and still is!  I never tire of it.  I saw the AW Spiny Oyster ring, too, and think you made a nice choice and with the matching cuff, sounds like you did very well!  I always look for the best prices, too, and check to see what has been reduced.  Smart buyer you are!  Thanks for taking the time to post. ~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,664.

Valued Contributor

@ghb wrote:

Hi Peach.....I am getting the TSV to try out as it looks like it is a smaller scale ring....I am not a big ring gal, so we'll see....how are you? The pups? Looking forward to new JR...my birthday is in about 10 days, so I can justify my purchases, too, LOL! Plus, the hubby just came back from a boy's trip to Vegas, so he can't complain about anything!

ghb, so nice to see you!  Are you getting the S/S TSV or the clad version?  I wish I knew if the ring is lightweight or weighty.  I love the sturdy rings versus the thin ones.  It is a pet peeve of mine.  Happy Birthday early!  Is there anything else that interests you?  I like several of the new designs, especially the animal motifs.  Did DH have fun on his trip?  Is there any hotel he likes?  I've stayed in a few of them, more of those with themes on the strip.  Hope all is OK with you.  Take care~Peach

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the TSV in the gold and the silver.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Frequent Contributor

Peach...I am getting the S/S version of the TSV.  Nothing else has hit me yet...but the day is young.....DH had a great time in Vegas. The boys stay in different hotels each time....they aren't in their rooms much...usually out and about watching the basketball games. This time they were at the MGM...they've been at Paris, Treasure Island, etc. when we went we stayed at the Bellagio......it was lovely. Next time, they want to stay at the Wynn or the Encore, I think. As for the ring ...I am not good with big rings...Ithey rub on my adjacent fingers ...I usually wear a size 6 ... But, I don't like "tinny" feeling rings that feel like aluminum foil, either. Hopefully this will be somewhere in between. Thank you for the birthday wishes...I cannot believe that it is almost April!