Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@LuckyPeach Your wedding ring sounds gorgeous! 

You just gave me an idea about how to make decisions about whether to keep a Ripka piece.  When you put it on, does it give you that happy feeling?  If it does, then it's a keeper. 

Given your health issues, I'm glad you've decided to spend some of your energy here with us.  Don't worry about replying to my comment on your other thread. I just wanted to let you know it was there.

I hope you're enjoying the shows today.  They've been a lot more fun for me than usual. I've resisted so far, but I've loved seeing the variety of pieces that Judith brought in. It seems like she really had a lot of fun designing for her 20th anniversary shows.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Peach...surprisingly, no other "must haves" for me this visit. In past years, this Spring show had several pieces I would have to have....I did purchase a piece from Joan Rivers Private Collection...the pearls with the cross pin/enhancer. It is a limited edition of 5000 worldwide. The pin looks very real. I had to have it as soon as I saw it on Jill...had to do some sleuthing to find out what it was. Ordered it before it went on air...it sold out before they could show it. The pin matches a Chanel pearl and chain necklace I received 30 years ago as a Cosmetics dept manager from my Chanel rep...plus many more pearls ((real and faux)  to wear it with. So glad that the pups are good....isn't it funny how the little and bigger ones always seem to get along? Hope you don't get crazy amount of rain in CA. It's raining here in South FL, but we need it! All the best...ghb

Esteemed Contributor

@LuckyPeach

Yes the ring is beautiful.  SMaller in length than her Monaco rings but it has all the beautiful Judith touches and I have received many compliments on it.  YEs adjusting to widowhood is very difficult.  I never lived alone so getting used to being by myself so much and not having anyone to talk to at night is hard.  I do talk to my kitties but they don't answer me.  THank goodness my daughter and beautiful grandson are close by and of course I have many friends in my active adult community.  I also got a part time job at my local Talbots so I work about 4.5 hour shifts 3-4 days a week which occupies some of my time but my life will never be the same again.

Trusted Contributor

@culebra wrote:

My first Ripka piece was the leather necklace with the puffed heart.  I still wear the heart on a very heavy Ripka link chain.  I also purchased that day a pair of silver hoop earring with small diamonique in a row.  I still wear those earrings also.  Look good as new.  Needless to say my jewelry box is filled with Ripka-all still beautful and worn frequently.

@culebra

The leather cord with the puffed heart was also one of my first pieces. I like to wear the heart on the 20" Textured and Polished Link Necklace.

J33935

http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-20%22-Sterling-Textured-and-Polished-Link-Necklace.product.J33935.ht...

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peach!  I can't remember my first Ripka piece anymore!  Already bought the moon and stars cuff on LTS thanks to an alert from @sunshine45.

Sammycat, how are you doing?  I got that cuff, too, in silver.  Did you go for silver or the clad?  Please tell your DH mine is working on a CO2 sensor for astronaut space suits.  We had a drama with another person leaving, taking DH's interns who also quit and thinking he's going to make a million with DH's other prototype.  Except that now this person is gone, none of the industry people will talk to him without the actual inventor (DH) on board.  He just knew how to demonstrate the invention. He thinks the interns will build a copy.  It's sort of like thinking you know how to drive by watching another person drive. Meanwhile, the invention will be made in the US by a Japanese-owned company who finally signed on after dragging things out for a couple of years. The patent came though, too.  A big relief and a relief to see the other person who is out for himself go.  This took all of my limited energy and caused a lot of stress in our household.  Looking forward, what do you think of all the new JRQ designs?  My head is exploding a little bit with all the new.  I've been so bad lately, I'm trying to stay strong.  How is your writing?  I'm still posting my NYT comments like mad.  Take care~Peach

Hi Peachy,

The writing is going well...never enough time in the day!  Your poor DH, making such important contributions to science and dealing with claptrap.  My DH gives him two thumbs up ... he has 3 books on astronaur space suits and loves all the details.  I'm trying to sit on my hands during this Judith visit.  So many choices, my wish list is exploding. Take care, my friend!

Sammy, I like writing when it is flowing.  It has been flowing a lot lately with the NYT comments because I am so worried.  Tell your DH I will pass on his thumbs up to my DH.  Believe it or not, it is helpful knowing there are those who are following the scientists.  That's cool that your DH has three astronaut space suit books.  It is kind of a big deal that Johnson is accepting someone from another center to work on this project.  Rivalries and all that. This CO2 sensor is tough because it has to be "space qualified" which means very rigorous standards.  As for the other nonsense, it is very irritating to see the greed from those with nothing tangible to offer.  I think it is in general a big problem in our country.  Thanks for the support--it means a lot!Heart  Yes, I know what you mean about your wishlist exploding.  I always have to delete something, in order to add something new. Haha.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach Yup, I hear ya pink sistah!  Very sad and sobering......but JR will deliver us from evil!

MickD, now you're cracking me up!   JR delivers me from all sorts of things.  But I help her lifestyle, too.  A sort of co-dependency.  Remember who she designed that eagle pin with the Pearl for....  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,680.

Super Contributor

@KathyPet I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your DH.  The way that you are moving forward sounds like the textbook model for how to cope. Even so, I know it's difficult and it will continue to be for some time.  Please be patient, kind and compassionate with yourself as you learn to adjust to your new life.  Sending you a big hug.

Valued Contributor

@MizKringle wrote:

@LuckyPeach Your wedding ring sounds gorgeous! 

You just gave me an idea about how to make decisions about whether to keep a Ripka piece.  When you put it on, does it give you that happy feeling?  If it does, then it's a keeper. 

Given your health issues, I'm glad you've decided to spend some of your energy here with us.  Don't worry about replying to my comment on your other thread. I just wanted to let you know it was there.

I hope you're enjoying the shows today.  They've been a lot more fun for me than usual. I've resisted so far, but I've loved seeing the variety of pieces that Judith brought in. It seems like she really had a lot of fun designing for her 20th anniversary shows.

MsKringle, sometimes, if a JRQ piece is LTS, I will get it just to check it out, trusting JR's taste and design.  Sometimes it is a piece I never even considered.  But almost always I end up loving it for the reason you say above.

As for my energy here, it is well spent just to connect and I will check out that thread in the next couple days.  I am curious and I know it is a charged issue.   Thanks for your thoughtfulness.  Believe it or not, I cannot see the shows, due to some glitch from those lovely Q people who did the online switchover.  I used to watch online and everything was fine until they tango-ed with it a couple of months ago.  Now, when I try to play a video it kicks the Q site offline.  Every other site works fine, so I know it is the Q's issue.  I do miss hearing what is said.  I wish those computer geniuses would make it work with internet explorer.  Smiley Sad  So, now I just go by photos.  Have you also noticed they do not show the back gallery of rings anymore, nor the sizing grid?  I'm glad to hear JR enjoyed designing for today's shows, thanks!  Take care~Peach

Respected Contributor

@newjerseygirl

I wear the heart from the leather necklace on the same Ripka chain that you do.  The heart looks great on that chain.

Respected Contributor

@LuckyPeach

I wear the puffed heart on J33935 Ripka 20" Sterling Textured and Polished Link Necklace.  I think @newjerseygirl wears the puffed heart on the same necklace.  The puffed heart is still a winner, very heavy as is the chain J33935.  They both are oldies, but goodies.