Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Well, JR collectors and welcome newbies, we've made it to the 20-year line!  Who can believe it?

I remember my first JRQ piece, a lavender Jade cabachon ring.  I'm sure you can still find it Over There (major auction site).  Beautiful and well-made and I was hooked!  Still am!!!

Here's the Twentieth Anniversary schedule:  Thursday Midnight to 2AM Eastern Standard Time (Wednesday 9-11PM Pacific Standard Time); 3-4AM EST (Midnight-1AM PST); 11AM-Noon EST (8-9AM PST); 2-4PM EST (11AM-1PM PST); 6-8PM EST (3-5PM PST); 11PM-Midnight EST (8-9PM PST).

Hope Ripkanistas are OK. SoCal had some rain yesterday and is expecting more this weekend, but nothing major.  We've had some heat and then a welcome cool-down and the cycle continues.  I'm hanging in there...

Please share what is going on with you and what new JRQ designs are tickling your fancy!  Thanks~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

How is everyone loving the TSV?  J335651 Olivia DMQ ring, squared off with four-corner hearts and plenty of roping and Berge, $79 with a special offer of additonal buys are -$20 off the TSV price.  Also available in gold clad.

If anyone already has it, can you speak to the gram weight and heft of the ring?  Thanks~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,658.

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

I really need to call it a night but I just had to chuckle about Judith's blog celebrating her 20th anniversary with the Q.   I hope she gets as much as all the loyal customers who support the Q or should I say have supported the Q for 20 plus years.

The ring is really nice, wouldn't it be wonderful if it were real diamonds!

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach Hey Peachie!  I hope things are going well!  I am posting on sammy's thread.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peach!  I can't remember my first Ripka piece anymore!  Already bought the moon and stars cuff on LTS thanks to an alert from @sunshine45.

Honored Contributor

My first pieces were the SS pave heart ring.  The black leather cord necklace with the pave heart clip on and the curb link SS necklace....mainstays!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

my first JR piece was the leather cord necklace with the magnetic puffed heart enhancer. still have it, still wear it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I do remember my first pieces it was the beautiful cuff and pendant set, she made, and the heart ring. I have loved that set  since I first saw it. I have a goodly number of her pieces,and love all of them. I am not getting the TSV, it's not doing anything for me! I am a little disappointed, but I always do find something, even if I have to put it on my wish list!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think my first JR piece was her heart ring.  I watched the presentation, and even though the TSV ring is pretty, I don't need it.  What I did need was the American West Spiny Oyster ring which is an LTS today.  Then I found the matching cuff, on clearance, and bought that as well.  I will look for OTO's.  I looked at my  JR wishlist, and none of my items are reduced.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Peach.....I am getting the TSV to try out as it looks like it is a smaller scale ring....I am not a big ring gal, so we'll see....how are you? The pups? Looking forward to new JR...my birthday is in about 10 days, so I can justify my purchases, too, LOL! Plus, the hubby just came back from a boy's trip to Vegas, so he can't complain about anything!