Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

How is everyone?

Miss you all!Heart

Spoiler

Time is flying by and I'm nearly over the Whooping Cough (which the Chinese accurately call the 100-day disease)--thank heavens.  Twice in 10 years is more than enough for anyone The natural immunity from the first time obviously wore off and my immune system is not vaccine-friendly (CDC says only a 45% immunity rate anyway which wears off unpredictably and can spread it via post-shot shedding to those who are vulnerable--which is how I got it the first time).  And yes, it is true that you can crack a rib from the constant hacking!  OY!!

So, time for more Judith Ripka therapy (which is the very best kind, I think!).  Here's the schedule:  Thursday: Midnight-1AM, Eastern Standard Time (Wednesday 9-10PM Pacific Standard Time); 10AM-Noon EST (7-9AM PST); 2-4PM EST (11AM-1PM PST); 6-8PM EST (3-5PM PST).

Please share what's up with you as well as any JR that intrigues and any pieces that just made you push that Add to Cart button...  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Sorry about that spoiler tag, I hit the wrong button and don't know how to get rid of it.  What does that even mean?  I haven't a clue!  ~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi Peach,

Sorry to hear you had such a battle with the whooping cough -- broken ribs and all!  Not too much to report on my front -- knee still healing from the knee replacement, and I'm now 5 months out.  The doc says it takes a year for full healing.  It's not for the knee -- it's for all the other joints and my back to adjust!  But it was worth it.

I'd like to see the TSV but it seems to me the gemstones are incredibly tiny and I like to see more gem presence.  Otherwise, we'll see what she carts out this visit!  I do miss the days of more affordable designs with gemstones but there's always clearance pricing, LOL.

Good to see you again and stay healthy, my friend! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Love the tsv-but I think it is too long for my short fingers.....judith looks great!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Nana, I have to agree with you.  My fingers are average in length but this looks way too long.  In the description, the measurement says 3/4 inch long, but Rick said it was 7/8 inch long -- a big difference for my fingers, so I guess I'll pass. I want to be able to bend my finger!

Valued Contributor

{{Sammy!}} I can only imagine what an adjustment it is for your body to realign with a new knee.  I think we take for granted how everything works together (omg, did I just quote JR? Haha!) and when there's a change with the new knee, there will be some adapting which takes time.  I agree that it will be worth it for you.  What material did they use?  I'm always wondering what is most compatible, just in case.

Thanks for the thoughts on the Whooping Cough.  What a long, miserable road it has been...

I did order the Chrome Diopside in the TSV but really want to see the inside of the ring.  I worry that it might be too carved out for the price.  I was thinking about the smallness of each stone, too.  So I counted the number of stones and then guessed at the point size.  I'm thinking the biggest ones are 15 points  and then take it downward.  If they were, say Diamonds, then that's not too bad.  If the gram weight was decent, I'd get another.  But unless I hear something reasonable, I'll just take the one.  ITA about waiting for clearance pricing--that's what gets me all the time! 

So nice to hear from you and wishing you good health as well.Heart  It always has to come first, doesn't it?  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

Hello Nana, I wish Rick would be more thorough.  The TSV could've been shown on several types of hands/fingers so we'd really know what to expect. 

ITA that Judith looks great.  Whatever she's doing, it is working beautifully for her.  Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

HI Peach,

I think the underside is either going to be finished in paper-thin metal or not at all given the design and price. I'm still hung up on how long the thing is -- I wish it was one or two less bands for those of us without long, lithe fingers.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Peachy - oh boy......I hope you are feeling better ......did you purchase anything???? I ordered the garnet eternity band on clearance.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

Peach, I am so sorry to hear you have been ill. I'm glad to know you are feeling better and hope the shopping will be  good medicine for you. I think I will get the TSV in blue. I like the Citrine also. I don't think it will be too large, but I love large. Thanks for keeping this chat going.