Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Sammycat, I don't have long fingers myself, either.  Do you remember way back when, a sweet Q host named Judy Crowell?   Well, she's the one who got me into larger (and longer) rings.  She's a fairly small person (about 5'3") with just average hands/fingers and she could carry off large rings because she loved them.  She converted me.  I have very average size hands with small wrists.  I will say that I always wear these types of rings on my right index finger.  I wonder how the TSV ring looks on Judith because she has shorter fingers...   ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@MickD wrote:

Peachy - oh boy......I hope you are feeling better ......did you purchase anything???? I ordered the garnet eternity band on clearance.

Hello MickD!  How are you doing?   Thanks.

I love the look of those eternity bands!  Some of the reviews scared me away.  Please let me know what you think when you receive it.  I bet it is beautiful and hope you get a perfect one...Heart

I was super bad this time.  After waiting for the zodiac cuffs (J324982) to drop (as they did briefly in October), I finally went for my sign with the Sagittarius/Turquoise.  I also got J53789, the ruby heart ring...which I also wanted for a while. 

How has life been treating you?  Hope you are OK.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@gtx wrote:

Peach, I am so sorry to hear you have been ill. I'm glad to know you are feeling better and hope the shopping will be  good medicine for you. I think I will get the TSV in blue. I like the Citrine also. I don't think it will be too large, but I love large. Thanks for keeping this chat going.

GTX, you are too kind, thank-you.  ITA that the London Blue and Madeira Citrine TSV rings are beautiful.  What did you decide?  I think all of the choices are nice and it would be hard to make a bad choice.  I went for the Chrome Diopside.  The stone saturation is so excellent, I think it really makes the ring--along with the stellar JR design--one of the best TSVs JR has done in a long time.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

QUESTION:  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE GRAM WEIGHTS ARE ON THE 14K DEW DROP PIECES ON SALE TODAY??????  Thanks~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Peach, I remember Judy well.  I'm considerably taller but my fingers aren't as long as me!  I also don't wear rings on any finger but my ring fingers.....they look great when others do, but I feel weird with them on index or middle fingers.  I decided to try the london blue for the heck of it snd I pounced on the blue fluorite ring too.  Almost boughg the zodiac cuff in my Leo but restrained myself.  Enjoy your sparklies!

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Peach, I remember Judy well.  I'm considerably taller but my fingers aren't as long as me!  I also don't wear rings on any finger but my ring fingers.....they look great when others do, but I feel weird with them on index or middle fingers.  I decided to try the london blue for the heck of it snd I pounced on the blue fluorite ring too.  Almost boughg the zodiac cuff in my Leo but restrained myself.  Enjoy your sparklies!

Sammycat~ 

You definitely don't want to feel weird, that's for sure!  I'm OK with the jewels everywhere, but no longer with my fancy shoe collection--since living in SoCal now for 12 years, it is very hard for me to go beyond my Birks!  I love them but it pains me.  That was tangential...but I do understand wanting to feel "right."

Congrats on the London Blue--you'll at least get to make a decision in person to see how the ring works for  you. 

Judy is so nice and I miss her.  She was on a Kirks Folly cruise that I took long ago. 

About the zodiac cuff in Leo:  I was on waitlist for that one for months and I just have to tell you that the Peridot was rather pale, though of course the design is tremendous.

The blue Fluorite ring reeled me in on waitlist at the last minute.  What a color!  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date--March 8, 2008; Post count: 11,552.

Valued Contributor

Is anyone watching? Don't feel like starting a new thread just for a two-hour visit...

Ripkanistas: what did you think of the March JR TSV, if you got it? I received the Chrome Diopside this week and love the ring.  Weight is just fine, not heavy for the price, but not light, either.  Gems are electric and size is perfect.

Any Ripkanistas going for the OTO watch or cuff? 

Hope everyone is well.  It is sunny and 80 degrees in SoCal.  Please pop in to say hello, if you see this post.  Best wishes~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: March 8, 2008; Post count:  11,553.

SAVE THE VAQUITA!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peach,

I completely forgot the show today, but wanted to stop by and say that I got my TSV in london blue topaz, and it's beautiful!  The stones are vivid and faceted beautifully and it wasn't too long for my finger (by a hair!).

Hope you are doing well.  Out east we're going from 80 degrees to 40 in 24 hours!

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach -hey Peachy! The garnet eternity band is a stunner!  It feels weird as I am wearing it instead of my wedding band/ engagement ring........I used to wear them all the time.....long story....but I am left handed and got a cut on the underside of my ring finger a year ago it took so long to heal that I took the rings off and choose different ones every time I go out.....it is taking me awhile to get used to the different rings.....as my right hand is my funky ring hand.  I hope that you are continuing to get better.   I moved from Chicago to Cali 16 years now.....this dry weather is killlllllling me!  Allergies.....dry dry dry skin...nevah in my life!  I didn't buy anything this visit.....just lurked in awe....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

I thought the necklace with green diopside, Rhodolite and Iolite was stunning and surprisingly not gaudy.  It certainly is a necklace for a lifetime.