Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka MID-August 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Looks like we have a super mini visit today and for once I'm a little early.  How is everyone doing?  We have another burner today in SoCal...100 degrees plus.  UGH.  Our new Yorkie is doing better.  Her exterior stiches are healed.  I discovered she has steel interior stiches, which I'm told are an old-school way of doing things.  She doesn't seem to mind, but, man, it feels strange to the touch!  She is getting a daily dose of Artemininsin to prevent any more lumps from recurring.  The science behind it is pretty solid so I'm optimistic.  She's a real peacemaker and the other two Yorkies seem to like and accept her. 

Today's schedule is an easy one: 1-3PM Eastern Standard Time (10AM-Noon Pacific Standard Time).

Hope everyone is OK.  Please update both your latest JR desires and purchases as well as what is up with you.  Miss you all!  Thanks~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008, Post count: 11,572.

Save the Vaquita!  (vivaVaquita dot org)

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka MID-August 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

i am home for a change for an a.m. show.  am eyeing the lapis suite -   we'll see if it is shown and if it "wows" me.  otherwise i am content to relax and windowshop.

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka MID-August 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@ms traditional wrote:

i am home for a change for an a.m. show.  am eyeing the lapis suite -   we'll see if it is shown and if it "wows" me.  otherwise i am content to relax and windowshop.

Ms Traditional, thanks for posting.  Looks like not too many are on today.  Saw that the Lapis suite was on.  How did you decide?  Very nice set!

How long have you been wearing Ripka designs?

I've been intrigued by the new 60" tri-color necklace set shown online.  I'd like to see it along with a better price and some E/Ps.  That would really get me interested!  But for now, I'll just look.  Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peach -- just got back from a trip to NYC and a writer's conference to obtain an agent for a book about my kitty and I'm doing 10 tons of laundry today while watching Judith.

I have the one-day-only watch in iolite on check status and bought the bar ring from the bar suite. I loved the bypass gemstone bangle but have to wait for a price drop on that beauty. 

I hear you on the heat -- we also have extremely high humidity through into the mix.  When we were at the 9/11 memorial on Saturday, it was 100 degrees and 80% humidity...it made it hard to breathe.  But it was more than worth it!

Glad to hear your pup baby is doing so well.  Of course any pup in your house has definitely hit the doggie lottery!

Respected Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

Ms Traditional, thanks for posting.  Looks like not too many are on today.  Saw that the Lapis suite was on.  How did you decide?  Very nice set!

I've been intrigued by the new 60" tri-color necklace set shown online.  I'd like to see it along with a better price and some E/Ps.  That would really get me interested!  But for now, I'll just look.  Take care~Peach

hi, Peach.  i went for the necklace.  i thought we would see the new earrings under "New Arrivals" but no.   That's fine:  i have some earrings that are similar from another place as well as Judith's lapis/pearl drops.     how 'bout you?

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peach -- just got back from a trip to NYC and a writer's conference to obtain an agent for a book about my kitty and I'm doing 10 tons of laundry today while watching Judith.

I have the one-day-only watch in iolite on check status and bought the bar ring from the bar suite. I loved the bypass gemstone bangle but have to wait for a price drop on that beauty. 

I hear you on the heat -- we also have extremely high humidity through into the mix.  When we were at the 9/11 memorial on Saturday, it was 100 degrees and 80% humidity...it made it hard to breathe.  But it was more than worth it!

Glad to hear your pup baby is doing so well.  Of course any pup in your house has definitely hit the doggie lottery!

Sammycat, have I ever told you how proud and happy I am for you?   That's great and hope you are successful in your quest.  Don't give up (I know you won't).  Just a thought that there have been some self-published books that have done quite well, thanks to the internet.  I am using one right now (Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel for my post-braces tooth injuries).

Are you still going for the Iolite watch?  I am with you on the multi-gem bypass cuff.

I can only imagine the combination of heat with emotions at the 9/11 memorial.   DH and I were last there in March 2002 and able to look at all of the photos and handwritten notes.  Oh, the heartbreak!   You know it is very dry here in SoCal so the heat is different.  After 40+ years as a Chicagoan, I prefer the humidity (good for skin aging!).

You are very kind about our Yorkies.  They keep me grounded.  I am praying that the Artemisinin keeps any growths away (so common in older pets) and am trying it on our 10-pounder who has a lump by his ribcage.  Best wishes to you and take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008, Post count: 11,574.

Save the Vaquita! (vivaVaquita dot org).

Valued Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

hi, Peach.  i went for the necklace.  i thought we would see the new earrings under "New Arrivals" but no.   That's fine:  i have some earrings that are similar from another place as well as Judith's lapis/pearl drops.     how 'bout you?

Ms Traditional, congrats on the necklace!  Yes, it is really hit and miss with introductions to fill out suites, isn't it?  I do have a few of Judith's Lapis pieces and almost never can pass up a pearl design.  Take care~Peach

Respected Contributor

@LuckyPeach

I am interested in the Tri Color necklace also.  I hope you can wear it as three different necklaces. I am looking forward to the presentation.