Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Hi Peach,

Bless you and your DH for saving that little pup -- she might not know it yet, but she just hit the dog lotto!

I am tempted by the new gemstone tennis bracelet but trying to hold myself back!

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

@littleone2 wrote:
Hi LuckyPeach and Ripkanistas,

It is great to see you posting. Thank you for reaching the beloved Yorkie, she was meant to be in your home and hearts. Bless you for your willingness to work through her health issues. I know how expensive vet care is. We currently have 2 rescue lab mix doggies and 3 rescue cats.

I cut the ad for the tassel necklace out of the Insider and was going to wait to see it presented. Yesterday, I broke down and ordered it on easy pay in the silver since it was not going to be shown. I am happy to hear you are loving it LuckyPeach. I have been eying the Verona coin necklace that is one day only pricing. (I broke down and ordered it, too). My father, in addition to his other jobs, was a coin dealer for a period of time and had a real love for coins. I thought it would be a special piece. My dad is still alive, however, is not doing well. I am just working through the hoops of trying to get his house sold as he has been in a care facility for 4 years now with dementia. It is a devastating disease.

Circles, I loved your story. Sometimes we have a hard time spending money on ourselves. I am glad you were able to secure the necklace you loved again. It is a lovely necklace (I checked out the photo, very versatile).

MickD, awesome choices!

We've had storms and power was just restored here. I hope everyone is having a great summer.

Littleone,  aren't rescues the best?   I found a Vet whom I can have intelligent conversations with and who will negotiate.  It took years after dealing with a few looloos.  I research beforehand, figure out what the cost should be and stick pretty close to it.  I still went +$100. over what I thought was fair.  Stressful.

I thought of you when I was writing down her new name at the Vet.  She's named after your state!  I call her "Minna" for short.  I figure if that famous pool player can do it, so can we, haha.  You won't be surprised to know she has a, common for the state, Danish last name.  Our oldest Yorkie is named after my home town, so it is only fair that we do DH's home state.

Glad you got your power back.  It will get up to +110 here over the coming week.  UGH.

Congrats on the silver TSV.  It is extremely nice IMHO and the tassel feels like silk (and is fun to play with).  I went for the silver Verona coin necklace, too.  You can think of your Dad's expertise wearing it!!  Very sorry to hear that he is suffering--tough for you.  I've been reading a lot about dementia/Alzheimer's and I know it is something we all want very much to avoid.  There are so many different thoughts about it.  Good luck on the house sale.  It has to be difficult and emotional for you.

Thank-you for posting and please take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date:  May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,569.

Save the Vaquita!  (vivaVaquita dot org).

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peach,

Bless you and your DH for saving that little pup -- she might not know it yet, but she just hit the dog lotto!

I am tempted by the new gemstone tennis bracelet but trying to hold myself back!

Sammycat, thank-you.  She will be very loved, for sure. 

How are you doing? 

Can you please tell me the story of JR repairs?  I saw a blip but due to my ridiculous low energy, I know I'd be on the board forever answering posts (I hope to get back to regular posting but just cannot, yet).  I found a guy here who does ring sizing and puts posts on JR clip earrings which gives me a lot more latitude in buying.  He does a perfect job generally.  He uses a laser which simplifies any stress on the piece. 

I hope you see this and thanks for posting.  We both certainly know the editorial mindset and animal love.  I have to ask, how did you like that plagarism?  Amazing., right?  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,570.

Save the Vaquita! (vivaVaquita dot org).

Esteemed Contributor

Peach,

The poster Mz Imac gave me the address for repairs on Ripka jewelry purchased on the Q:

http://www.qjrrepair.com/

It's basically a form you complete online, including your item, it's number, when you bought it and what's wrong with it.  They responded to me within 48 hours and told me they could repair it.  The fee quoted is $30, including return shipping to me via UPS.  Because it must go overseas to the original manufacturer, I was told the repair could take 6-8 weeks.  Replacing my custom-cut stone would have cost more than the ring itself, so I went ahead with this method.

On the plagiarism -- well, it stinks.  But you know, a lot of people also don't see what's wrong with incorrect spelling, grammar and all of the building blocks of clear, concise, relevant communication ... so the apathy toward this issue does not surprise me. 

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach - Peachy! I have a shepherd mix (Rex) and a black flat-coated retriever (Sammie) that I adopted from a no kill shelter in San Clemente.  They are my life!  

Rex was found wandering the streets in the next town north of us.  Weird story....my husband sees the former owners atleast once a month when he takes the dogs on walks.  A few years back the mom and dad were with their daughters and the girls said - that looks like Jessie! Parents said - no Jessie died.  When we adopted Rex he had a tag on him which read Jessie.  Total slime balls....my husband saw the family last weekend and I said that if I see them I will chew them out....they missed out on the......best.....dog!

oh and that chalcedony cuff is the bomb!  I returned it once a year ago or so, and then caved last month!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Peach,

The poster Mz Imac gave me the address for repairs on Ripka jewelry purchased on the Q:

http://www.qjrrepair.com/

It's basically a form you complete online, including your item, it's number, when you bought it and what's wrong with it.  They responded to me within 48 hours and told me they could repair it.  The fee quoted is $30, including return shipping to me via UPS.  Because it must go overseas to the original manufacturer, I was told the repair could take 6-8 weeks.  Replacing my custom-cut stone would have cost more than the ring itself, so I went ahead with this method.

On the plagiarism -- well, it stinks.  But you know, a lot of people also don't see what's wrong with incorrect spelling, grammar and all of the building blocks of clear, concise, relevant communication ... so the apathy toward this issue does not surprise me. 

Sammycat, thanks very much.  I have that large multi-gem toggle bracelet (still on Last Clicks) and the gemstone on one side of the toggle disappeared.  I have been unable to find a replacement so this may be the solution.

And sorry for missing the extra i in plagiarism.  That's what happens with a new dog who cries all night for the past six days making sleep neigh-on-impossible.  She's too little to sleep safely with us and hasn't adjusted to her kennel bed.

As for the incident, I could forgive her as an innocent dupe but she told NBC she wrote the speech and also was aware of the origin of her chosen words.  I think the apathy toward communication started back in 1980 with the slow march toward devaluing education and the Middle Class; earlier repeal of the Fairness Doctrine, rise of Fox, etc.  Last I recall, we fell from first in college degrees to 16th or 17th (the greed problem surely helped that along).  I believe the decline in real journalism has seriously hurt our country.

I like it when someone has their own style but have to admit that "loose/lose" and "your/you're" makes the hair on my arms stand up in protest.  I kindly corrected someone once after two years of reading it in emails and she never forgave me.

Hopefully, your JR repair will turn out perfectly!  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach - Peachy! I have a shepherd mix (Rex) and a black flat-coated retriever (Sammie) that I adopted from a no kill shelter in San Clemente.  They are my life!  

Rex was found wandering the streets in the next town north of us.  Weird story....my husband sees the former owners atleast once a month when he takes the dogs on walks.  A few years back the mom and dad were with their daughters and the girls said - that looks like Jessie! Parents said - no Jessie died.  When we adopted Rex he had a tag on him which read Jessie.  Total slime balls....my husband saw the family last weekend and I said that if I see them I will chew them out....they missed out on the......best.....dog!

oh and that chalcedony cuff is the bomb!  I returned it once a year ago or so, and then caved last month!!!

Mick, thanks for sharing your Rex story.  That's really something about the former owners--major jerks!  And you both have to see them on occasion...wow.  We've wondered about who would give up our new girl because she needed medical care.  And our other larger Yorkie girl is the most loving and in perfect health.  She's most happy with her head on my pillow looking adoringly into my eyes.  I cannot imagine why they wouldn't have looked for her.  About that family who gave up Rex...they need to be chewed out!  Hopefully you will see them at some point.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,572.

Save the Vaquita! (vivaVaquita dot org).