Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

@sparklestar wrote:

Just thank-you for saving that pup.  Bless you.

Sparkelstar, ah thanks!  Really, I believe rescued dogs have a habit of saving their humans, too!  Here's the funny/sad thing: she was not an Owner Surrender, just a stray, who happened to have a professionally done haircut.   Take care and thanks for posting.  ~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Hi LuckyPeach and Ripkanistas,

It is great to see you posting. Thank you for reaching the beloved Yorkie, she was meant to be in your home and hearts. Bless you for your willingness to work through her health issues. I know how expensive vet care is. We currently have 2 rescue lab mix doggies and 3 rescue cats.

I cut the ad for the tassel necklace out of the Insider and was going to wait to see it presented. Yesterday, I broke down and ordered it on easy pay in the silver since it was not going to be shown. I am happy to hear you are loving it LuckyPeach. I have been eying the Verona coin necklace that is one day only pricing. (I broke down and ordered it, too). My father, in addition to his other jobs, was a coin dealer for a period of time and had a real love for coins. I thought it would be a special piece. My dad is still alive, however, is not doing well. I am just working through the hoops of trying to get his house sold as he has been in a care facility for 4 years now with dementia. It is a devastating disease.

Circles, I loved your story. Sometimes we have a hard time spending money on ourselves. I am glad you were able to secure the necklace you loved again. It is a lovely necklace (I checked out the photo, very versatile).

MickD, awesome choices!

We've had storms and power was just restored here. I hope everyone is having a great summer.
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for the typos, I am typing from my phone (internet is still down). I meant rescuing (sure you probably figured that out).😄
Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Peach....I just love you for saving that precious little Yorkie and I know you will have a special place in her heart.  No better way to spend your money....saving a life!

Phoenixbrd, thank-you for such a nice sentiment and for understanding. So many think local shelter dogs are the dregs, but really, one can find whichever dog suits their lifestyle: single breed, multi-breed, puppies, seniors, tiny or gigantic.  We had to save her, no question.    Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,563.

Save the Vaquita!  (vivaVaquita dot org)

Valued Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Just thank-you for saving that pup.  Bless you.

Sparklestar, it looks like my reply to you didn't post, so I'll try again.  Ah, you're welcome.  Don't you think that rescue dogs also save their humans?  I do.  I'll never support a puppy mill, especially when there are so many in want who deserve homes.  Thanks for posting!  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

@circles wrote:

First off, Peach....I want to say God Bless you for saving that puppy......its quite a challenge to take on a puppy that has issues and yet you did....I applaud you....

Here is my JR purchase...(J339357)....there is a story that goes with this necklace...I bought it a few weeks ago...loved it..thought about it...said to myself..too expensive and sent it back...missed not wearing it so I bought it again...wore it for a few weeks ...said I can't afford this ...sent it back again..missed it once again..there were no more left...so I have been stalking this website waiting for my necklace to be put back in stock..

Day after day ....night after night...I kept checking...nothing...then today....hooray...there it was....and I purchased it again...haha..

Mind you it has not changed in cost...I won't send it back again...I really love that necklace...and there are no more left so I know its the one I have been buying and returning...think of the money I have spent just in s&h....I am such an idiot...

Circles, thanks for sharing your story.  You are not an idiot.  Believe me, sometimes when I push that buy button on Judith's designs, even though I love them, I get something caught in my throat!  There are times I cannot look up my E/P schedule for fear of being driven to commit hari kari!  I get how you felt.

I had to look up which necklace you got and I see that it is a twelve Diamonique double-sided station necklace, 24" long.  You picked a perfect classic that will go on forever.  Nice choice!  Lots of stations for the length and so versatile.  Congrats!

Thank-you about the new dog.  They said she was seven, but of course, my Vet says she's closer to 10.  That's OK.  My goal is to give her seven more years.  Unfortunately, she came to the shelter during a high period (many dogs escape during fire cracker season which is legal here in many towns) and one building is being redone.  So, she was crammed into a kennel with 10 other dogs and forgot her outdoor training.  Dang, that's no fun!  On the positive side, she gets along with our other two Yorkies (also rescues) who are fairly aggressive.

Thanks again for sharing your JR necklace story!  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count:  11,564.

Save the Vaquita! (vivaVaquita dot org).

Valued Contributor

@equss wrote:

Luckypeach Congrats on your new Yorkie...what a lucky girl to have you!!!!  Always ecxciting to add a new family member and in this case a literal life saving decision.  All the best and thank you for your kindness.

Ladies I am excited about the price on the Lexington watch!!  I ordered and returned the black recently because the plating was odd.  Anyway, I am thinking I will get the rose two tone, but do not own any of Judith's rose gold.  I am wondering if it is a soft blush?  The pics make it look like a rather harsh color, but in the video it looks softer (I like the color in the video, but not the pic) Im wondering which is most accurate??  TIA

Hello Equss!  Thanks on my new Yorkie.  We are the lucky ones--she's very sweet and good looking...and a little bratty like most Yorkies.  Thank-you for your nice wishes.Heart

ITA that the Lexington watch is a great price!  I have a few pieces of JR's rose tone and usually it is a fairly potent color.  However, I have to tell you that this can vary!!  Really!  I have the watch with all the dials in rose and it is lovely.  I also have some gold clad pieces that are very soft.  So, I think you may consider just seeing what you get.  Best wishes in your decision and thanks for posting.  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

@newjerseygirl wrote:

I ordered the Lexington watch.   Great price and on 4 EZPays. 

NewJerseyGirl, how is your summer going? 

Congrats on the Lexington, great watch!!  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,566.

Save the Vaquita!  (vivaVaquita dot org).

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Peachy - Bless you heart on saving that sweet girl...I am teary-eyed!  What is her name? I have two rescue dogs myself and know that your sweet girl will love you forever!  

I am not buying.....tempted on the watch, but don't need another.....

MickD, nice to see you!!  What types are your rescue dogs?  Names?   Did you get them from any of the LA County shelters?  Ah, aren't they the greatest?  It is like they know you helped them out.  You will laugh at her name...it is "Minna" which is short for DH's home state (her formal name).  DH calls her "Minnie" though, which makes me think of the mouse.  We name all of our dogs after places important to us.  She is pretty lethargic today.  I cannot wait for another couple of weeks to feel sure she has recovered from the surgery and the cold she caught from the other dogs at the shelter.

How have you been doing?  Don't you hate the heat?  I try to do everything important outside before 10AM. 

Congrats on holding off on the watch.  I am so weak!  I went for the silver Verona coin necklace.  I have been collecting coin jewels even way before I ever knew of Judith.  Thank-you for posting and take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count:  11,567.

Save the Vaquita!  (vivaVaquita dot org).

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach - this is what I bought last month...the Pisces ring and the bracelet...sorry about the pic....my son's iPad is not the greatest anymore!  Oh, it got up to 103 today!image.jpeg

Mick, we have very similar-shaped hands, except I'd have to go about 10 years back in time, haha!  Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing.  I was on waitlist for that incredible cuff and it just shipped.  I am so excited.  It looks gorgeous on you!  Take care~Peach