Honored Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

I purchased the TSV in silver.  It's on advanced order, so gods know when I'll get it.

I also ordered the Ripka 118 facet tennis bracelet. J296663.  I don't know about this.  A lot of the reveiws say that stones fall out of it, etc.  Plus problems with the safety catch, etc.  Is this the ice cube bracelet people talked about?  Anyone have experience with this bracelet?

Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

[ Edited ]

Hi, the ice cube bracelet is j276206.  They both are so nice and pretty... I have the rolling tennis bracelet and I've not had any problems.  In fact, I've not had any stones fall out ever, but I'm very gentle with my jewelry.  As one poster said that Diamonique is guaranteed by QVC and can be repaired...

Valued Contributor

@Pamula wrote:

I bought my Mom the silver bracelet in average and I purchased the silver and rose in average.  I don't know the grams weights but they are sure beautiful. J294560 for the cluster earrings in silver and J294765 in clad.  Have a great day!

Pamula, I think your Mom will love the silver Verona Byzantine!  ITA that they are seriously beautiful.  So, you got silver and rose for yourself...I caved on the Advance Orders for end of September in gold and blackened--guess we both covered all the bases!  What really sold me is that the pave is on BOTH sides of the dangle heart.  Nice!!

Thanks for the cluster J-numbers.Heart (have to admit I'm not a fan of these new emoticons--very Middle School style, especially compared to the roster we used to have).

I like Judith's trademark jacket in the bright pink--very flattering on her.  I think she had a bit of shoulder added to the jacket this time.  I like that she has this trademark pattern of hers and has it made in so many fabrics.  It is perfect to show off all of her jewels, too.  Such an excellent idea!    Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I purchased the TSV in silver.  It's on advanced order, so gods know when I'll get it.

I also ordered the Ripka 118 facet tennis bracelet. J296663.  I don't know about this.  A lot of the reveiws say that stones fall out of it, etc.  Plus problems with the safety catch, etc.  Is this the ice cube bracelet people talked about?  Anyone have experience with this bracelet?

Songbird1, I did the advance order, too, in blackened and gold.  Time will fly and we'll enjoy it this fall.  I don't really mind and think of it as something to look forward to.

Congrats on the tennis bracelet.  Hopefully yours will be perfect.  I think the thing is to the second you receive it, really run your fingers over each stone to see if they are in there tightly and give it a good testing wear.  Also, if you *think* any of the stones seem a tad loose, I'd run it over immediately to a local jeweler to have the stones tightened.  Then, you could feel secure with it.

Sorry to say that the Q's (clears throat) quality isn't what it should be.   Today I just returned a Dweck piece which was missing stones for an exchange. 

And, my local jeweler has done all sorts of things on JR's designs, lower priced and higher priced--doesn't matter, to fix them, ie. stone tightening, replacing earring posts, etc.  I prefer, if I can, to avoid the exchange game and just have the jeweler tweak the smaller issues.  However, other than a small DMQ stone, I refuse to try to replace a  gemstone--just too difficult. Catches can be tightened, too.

Thanks for posting and hope this helps!  May you get a perfect tennis bracelet!!!!  ~Peach

Factoids:  Join Date: 5/8/08; Chicagoan now in LA; 11,519 actual posts

Super Contributor

Thanks, LuckyPeach!  I agree with the emoticons.  Yes, especially the diamonique on both sides.  That was a biggie for me too!!!  See you for tonight's show!  Do you know who is in the hospital? 

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Songbird1, I did the advance order, too, in blackened and gold.  Time will fly and we'll enjoy it this fall.  I don't really mind and think of it as something to look forward to.

Congrats on the tennis bracelet.  Hopefully yours will be perfect.  I think the thing is to the second you receive it, really run your fingers over each stone to see if they are in there tightly and give it a good testing wear.  Also, if you *think* any of the stones seem a tad loose, I'd run it over immediately to a local jeweler to have the stones tightened.  Then, you could feel secure with it.

Sorry to say that the Q's (clears throat) quality isn't what it should be.   Today I just returned a Dweck piece which was missing stones for an exchange. 

And, my local jeweler has done all sorts of things on JR's designs, lower priced and higher priced--doesn't matter, to fix them, ie. stone tightening, replacing earring posts, etc.  I prefer, if I can, to avoid the exchange game and just have the jeweler tweak the smaller issues.  However, other than a small DMQ stone, I refuse to try to replace a  gemstone--just too difficult. Catches can be tightened, too.

Thanks for posting and hope this helps!  May you get a perfect tennis bracelet!!!!  ~Peach

Factoids:  Join Date: 5/8/08; Chicagoan now in LA; 11,519 actual posts

I think the problem might be the weight of the bracelet.  Ripka's bracelets are very heavy.  So I can see this bracelet snapping in half.  Constent wearing will weaken the silver around the stone.  Also it's bezel set.  Not prong set.  Which kind of bothers me.  Don't know why, Bezel set is pretty secure.  I have only one other tennis bracelet.  I've had it for about 5 years or so.  Never had a problem.  I dont wear it very often, something that I will probably do with this one.  I really think this type of bracelet is not meant to be worn a lot. Thank you for your input!

Super Contributor

Well, I'm here for the late show!!!  I can't purchase anything else, but my darling DH told me to order the byzantine necklace 20" in silver, Yay!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh Peachy..I hope the CFS stabilizes.......subsides.....I do miss Chicago....moved from there in 2000...lived there for 10 years....my DS was born there....so I get where you are coming from! Gotta get used to the new forum set up.....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G