Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2017 visit(s)--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Well, hopefully winter is winding down for most Ripkanistas and retail therapy beckons.  Here in SoCal, we got through some miserable rainstorms (rain isn't like the Midwest, for example--here, it is like a monsoon with buckets of water falling from the sky) and are expecting another Sunday night..  Construction is often poor here (all homes are pricey in SoCal), so many suffer leaks regardless whether you have an average home or super expensive. Here, Spring comes earlier, so the daffodils are up, which is a plus. How are you all feeling in general?  I feel demoralized, but physical strength is better.

Here's the listed shows:  Sunday, February 5: 4-6AM Eastern Standard Time (1-3AM Pacific Standard Time); 6-8PM EST (3-5PM PST).  Also announced: Wednesday, February 15: 1-3AM EST (February 14, 10PM-Midnight PST);1-3PM EST (10AM-Noon PST).  Sometimes, I've seen the later planned shows are subject to change, so check them to make sure the stated schedule stays firm.

Please share what's up with you and which JR designs are tickling your fancy.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2017 visit(s)--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hello Dear Peach, I'm feeling happy today for some reason. The weather here in DFW is very warm for a couple days and then freezing for a few days. As long as we get to see the sun occasionally, it helps. Looking forward to spring but not the hail storms and tornadoes we get in this area.

I did some serious shopping recently when items were marked waaay down. I got the 60 inch tri-color chain necklace that can be worn separately or all together. I love it!

The front facing hoop earrings

Ashcher cut band ring

Sterling Blue topaz bangle...sooo beautiful. I wear it with a darker blue topaz ring and my silver bangles and also with gold bangles.

I haven't really looked closely at the new items but look forward to seeing the upcoming shows.

Good to hear from you. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2017 visit(s)--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@gtx, if you don't mind, could you tell me a little more about the three tri colored necklaces? The reviews are a bit mixed on this item. You said you love yours. I'm thinking about buying them. Do you wear them together or mostly separate? 

Thanks for any info.

pup

Valued Contributor

Hello Pup

I know some of the reviews say they are too lightweight. They aren't heavy but just the right weight for me. I wear them all three conneted and wrapped around three times so that all three colors show. I liked the way Christine, the Ripka representative showed them on the video. Someone complained that some of the links weren't closed. I haven't noticed any of my links being like that.There are many possibilities of ways to wear. I especially like that they look like Ripka and not just another gold or silver chain.I really love them.

Respected Contributor

@gtx, thank you so very much for the reply. I think they look so very pretty on the video. I also like that you get all three colors. I am reaaaaally tempted.  

Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy your lovely necklaces.

Valued Contributor

@gtx wrote:

Hello Dear Peach, I'm feeling happy today for some reason. The weather here in DFW is very warm for a couple days and then freezing for a few days. As long as we get to see the sun occasionally, it helps. Looking forward to spring but not the hail storms and tornadoes we get in this area.

I did some serious shopping recently when items were marked waaay down. I got the 60 inch tri-color chain necklace that can be worn separately or all together. I love it!

The front facing hoop earrings

Ashcher cut band ring

Sterling Blue topaz bangle...sooo beautiful. I wear it with a darker blue topaz ring and my silver bangles and also with gold bangles.

I haven't really looked closely at the new items but look forward to seeing the upcoming shows.

Good to hear from you. 

GTX, you're feeling happy?  Well, given what's going on in the world, that's a genuine reason to celebrate!  Glad to hear it!! Heart 

Being from Chicago, I hear you about tornados.  So scary.  I've seen a couple in my time, making their way across a cornfield.  And hail can do so much damage, so quickly, especially on a car.  Here it is earthquakes and I've only felt a couple of small shakers.  All of the above make the heart beat faster, don't you think? 

I'm glad that you love all of your new JR goodies.  I have the tri-color chain myself and love the idea, but prefer more gram weight.  On the rest you mentioned, I need J-numbers to be sure which designs they are.  The JRQ line has grown so big, I can no longer keep track!!  I appreciate your enthusiasm because I know from experience there's not much better than receiving a Ripka haul.

As far as JRQ new, I see a lot of pieces re-done in rose gold clad and several solid gold designs.  I wish JR would make the Dew Drop designs in gold/Diamonds a permanent part of the collection because I think most Ripkanistas would get them eventually with the right price and enough easy pays, haha.

Take care and thanks for posting~Peach

Actual stats: Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,638.

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@gtx, thank you so very much for the reply. I think they look so very pretty on the video. I also like that you get all three colors. I am reaaaaally tempted.  

Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy your lovely necklaces.

Pupwhipped,  I think for the current price of $159, (there was "As Is" at $129.), the necklace set is OK.  I did keep mine but haven't posted a review.

It is 60" with 80 grams which sounds like a lot but if you consider a good 18"-20" JRQ necklace used to weigh 50 grams.  A seriously solid one of hers is closer to 100 grams, then you get a honest picture.  The links on the tri-color are hollow, too, in contrast so you have a bigger look.  When you lay it down, it sounds like Rudolph's bells ringing during the holidays. It is definitely a tinkling sound.

I know many Ripkanistas don't like a heavy feel and prefer the more delicate jewels because the weight feels uncomfortable on their body.  Hope this helps in your decision.  Best wishes and thanks for posting~Peach

Respected Contributor

Hey, @LuckyPeach. Thanks so much for your reply, too, about the necklaces! Well, I woke up this morning and caved...I caved in a big way. Ha! I ordered the necklaces and two other items, J323385 in lemon quartz No Image Found

and J328078 No Image Found  

I already have this ring in silver and I love it. I kept waiting for the price to go down on the gold clad but it never has, so I gave up and got it. And the enhancer at the clearance price seemed okay...I've always liked it. Anyway, I decided with Judith coming on later I better get while the getting was good. Things do sell out when you least expect it......or when you wanted it the most. 

Best to you and thanks for your reply!

Valued Contributor

Pup and Peach, thanks for your replies. Pup I really like the additional items you selected. Don't you just love clearance prices!

The item numbers for the pieces I purchased are as follows:

J321933 Blue topaz bangle bracelet. The stones are light blue. I stack it with some darker blue pieces.

J331272 Tri-color 60 inch necklace

J58109 Ascher cut band ring. It is beautful but I'm still deciding if I will keep

J322654 Hoop earrings

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peach,

Good to see you!  Our winter in PA has been warm and almost free of snow.

I received my 3 stone morganite ring by Judith when it was marked down on sale....and it's gorgeous!  I hate orange undertones in a lot of morganite, but this is true blush pink.  So I'm cut off for awhile.

Tonight I'll be watching the Super Bowl with DH...his beloved New England Patriots are playing, so I'll be doing some sneak peeks ofvthe 6 p.m. show on my nook!