Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2017 visit(s)--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

February JR visit #2 -- Wednesday February 15, 1-3AM Eastern Standard Time (Tuesday, February 14, Pacific Standard Time); 1-3PM Wednesday EST (10AM-Noon PST).

Hope everyone had an OK V-day.  My DH is out of town; I had a dental visit and spent the day remembering students at my university in Illinois (NIU) who this day in 2008 were lost to a shooter in a classroom I sat in *at least* a hundred times.  Sigh.

What does everyone think of the new JR LOVE bracelet?  I wonder what the gram weight is???

If you have a moment, please check in and share what's up and any JR-ness going on with you.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,645.

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2017 visit(s)--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@LuckyPeach Hey Peachie!  I love that love bracelet.....tempting!  I see a lot left in the YG...only 8" in the SS.  I am an average....maybe I'll plunge right now and get both......BBL!

Oh unbelievably sad about a shooting....I didn't hear about it back then....freaky for you though just the memories of being in that classroom.

My hairdresser recommended I get a pink hair extension with a clip instead of dying my hair as it wouldn't last....I think I posted this before...got poofed??? How is the hat coming a long??

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach Hey Peachie!  I love that love bracelet.....tempting!  I see a lot left in the YG...only 8" in the SS.  I am an average....maybe I'll plunge right now and get both......BBL!

Oh unbelievably sad about a shooting....I didn't hear about it back then....freaky for you though just the memories of being in that classroom.

My hairdresser recommended I get a pink hair extension with a clip instead of dying my hair as it wouldn't last....I think I posted this before...got poofed??? How is the hat coming a long??

MickD, I'm so glad to hear from you at last!  The thought police, along with everything else going on have been raising my ire to say the least.  I have missed all of those posts. Were you able to ask Kap?

On the Love bracelet, I am going to wait to hear reviews and for a price I like.  I do understand completely about liking something and getting it in all of the possibilities.  I do it all the time.  Remember those JRQ no-stone chandelier omegas in the $50 dollar range?  I have them in S/S, rose clad, gold clad and blackened.  At this point, the few left are popping in and out of stock.  I am also guilty of the "back-up" mentality, as in having back-ups of stuff I love.  I have back-ups of early JRQ classics from "Over There" (major auction site), especially the leather magnetic necklaces.  How about you?

Yes, the shooting is something I'll never forget.  Thank-you for your thoughts.   I was already here and when I heard the news in the adjoining room and ran to the TV, I knocked over a chair.  It really wounded me.  I saw loads of foreign films in that hall, and many classes including History of Film and Anthropology.  There's a wikipedia page on it.  DH kindly gets interns from my school and one intern's girlfriend was in that large hall.  She was fortunate to only receive a little buckshot in a finger during the chaos.  One thing I really appreciated was how the Virginia Tech Hokies spent so much time supporting us NIU Huskies, as their shooting had occurred earlier. They constantly came to our boards to help us out in our suffering. The lesson I learned is that one must always be aware no matter where you are.

I think the pink hair extension is a good idea.  I wonder if they might have something at the 99 cent store?  My hat is about 60% done.  I was doing a pale pink, but then found a more electric pink, so I took it apart.  I then put the two together.  It is more stiff and a little tougher on my hands but this means the top part will stand up better.

How are your eyes?   

JR's new pink MOP necklace looks nice.  What do you think?

Well, gird your loins for the new storm coming up this Friday.  I am not looking forward to that one and really worry for those up North with their dam falling apart.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count:  11,646.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuckyPeach Peachie - I did get both the bracelets and will post a pic when I get them.  Your hat sounds perfectly pink!  I found a human hair clip-on extension that is 1 1/2 inches wide and 18 inches long in a nice pink color and a soft curl.  It is $10 on etsy and got great reviews. I am going to have my hairdresser cut it.  The extra I will band it and attach it to a piece of hair behind my ear for a second look.

I have not seen Kap on the ripkanistas facebook page.  I was on today during the show.  I know that she can't post in real time for some reason.....even though many have tried to IT her through the problem.

My eyes are great.  I get new contacts next week.  I think the optometrist wants me to get prescription readers as I have been on the computer more....my left eye is almost 20/20 while my right is not.

We may have to change insurances soon as DH's law partner quit on Monday and the firm will be disolved.  No worries as he will take home more money as there will no rent, no bookkeeper,  no secretary, no commute.  It is all good.....until he drives me crazy working from home!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Confession is good for the soul, right? @LuckyPeach, I saw you mention above about ordering items in multiple colors. I am sooooooo guilty of that. Several weeks ago I got Judith's stainless steel cushion shaped watch. I found myself wearing it constantly. Loved it so much!!! So then I started stalking the other colors online. Quickly was able to get it in rose tone and also in brown. Took awhile to be lucky enough to see a black one pop back into inventory, but I snagged it. And then just yesterday a gold tone watch in my size was available and I got it, too! It's on the way to me. Now that I do the math, that's 5 freakin watches. OH MY! One good thing just happened, though. I wore the black watch today for the first time. Right now I've taken it off and it's on the table by my chair. Hubby just walked by and outta the blue said, "I really like that black watch. It's really pretty." Thank goodness he likes it cause he's gonna see it come around in a lot more colors. HA!!!!!!!!! Here it is in the gold version I bought yesterday.

No Image Found

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Confession is good for the soul, right? @LuckyPeach, I saw you mention above about ordering items in multiple colors. I am sooooooo guilty of that. Several weeks ago I got Judith's stainless steel cushion shaped watch. I found myself wearing it constantly. Loved it so much!!! So then I started stalking the other colors online. Quickly was able to get it in rose tone and also in brown. Took awhile to be lucky enough to see a black one pop back into inventory, but I snagged it. And then just yesterday a gold tone watch in my size was available and I got it, too! It's on the way to me. Now that I do the math, that's 5 freakin watches. OH MY! One good thing just happened, though. I wore the black watch today for the first time. Right now I've taken it off and it's on the table by my chair. Hubby just walked by and outta the blue said, "I really like that black watch. It's really pretty." Thank goodness he likes it cause he's gonna see it come around in a lot more colors. HA!!!!!!!!! Here it is in the gold version I bought yesterday.

No Image Found

Pupwhipped, oh yeah, you and I are birds of a feather.  That's a great, classic watch and am glad you managed to haul all of the choices.  Too fun!  When you know something is so "you" then it just works!  It helps when DH likes it, too.  Thanks for sharing!  ~Peach

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is referencing previously deleted information.

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach oh for the love of gawd....no I  didn't get it.  I am sure we are flagged.........did you order anything today????

MickD, it's sad to see that these people are censoring friendships, which is what initially boosted the Q sales, the original boards, the rise and profits of JRQ.  For pete's sake, who do they think coined "Ripkanista" and "Green Goddess?"  It is the interaction between the Seller and Customer which makes the Q and USA great, not those who have nothing better to do than to control others.

Anyway, I found Kap and am waiting for a reply.  The Q needs to reverse themselves on censoring friendships in order to grow their business model.  Repression constricts business and profits.

Yes, I did buy something today--the chocolate chronograph.  I already have the rose from its initial offering.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,650.

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach Peachy - That is a great deal on the watch!  I have the SS, YG, AND RG....I love em!

If you @MickD  me then I get the notification right away.  A lot of drama here.....

Speaking of drama....are your hatches battened down?  I hope my two leaky windows are fixed properly......we shall see.  The stucco was just painted a couple days ago on that side of the house.....a guy is replacing a clogged outdoor pipe, which is full of roots.  The water would flood our one car garage that we converted into a workout room with carpet and stuff.  The guy had to remove part of our walkway and dig, dig, dig.

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach Peachy - That is a great deal on the watch!  I have the SS, YG, AND RG....I love em!

@If you @MickD  me then I get the notification right away.  A lot of drama here.....

Speaking of drama....are your hatches battened down?  I hope my two leaky windows are fixed properly......we shall see.  The stucco was just painted a couple days ago on that side of the house.....a guy is replacing a clogged outdoor pipe, which is full of roots.  The water would flood our one car garage that we converted into a workout room with carpet and stuff.  The guy had to remove part of our walkway and dig, dig, dig.

MickD, exactly how do I do the @MickD? Well, I guess that's how it works.  Now I get it.  Never tried it before .  Like I've said, I try to keep things streamlined.  I have reached out to a few people to get this communication issue addressed.  I try to ignore drama, but will always correct falsehoods.

I'm hoping the storm won't be as bad as they predict, especially tomorrow afternoon.  We've had issues with our garage,too, where a lot of my stuff is stored, now up on skids, plus there are two rows of permanent sandbags on both sides of the long garage door.  DH did the garage roof himself two years ago (I cleaned up, ugh).  I'm always on edge during storms due to the ferocity and damage.  I'm so sorry to hear you are dealing with all of this now (pipe clogged with roots, flooding, removing the walkway).  We are still in the process of switching our front yard to mulch.  We are DIY types so DH digs then I sift, place the covers, then the mulch.  All of the work I did so far has held up well with the rain, no growth!  But the rest of the yard has foot tall grass/weeds, so it is a funny sight.  Crossing my fingers that it won't be devastating for anyone here, or north in the dam area...  Take care~Peach