Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka August 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Well, I'm back to giving the new JR board another try because I miss everyone!!  Just couldn't stay away, even though I dislike the format.  Ripkanistas come before the medium.Heart  Had to pick a heart which is the only emoticon which makes sense.  Really miss the old choices which weren't so juvenile.

It is hotter than hades here in SoCal which is no fun.  I reuse our "grey water" to keep the plants outside alive during the drought and have been doing this for about four years; gave up on the lawn at about the same time.  We are in the process of making the area where lawn was into brown mulch which will look OK...--just a matter of getting DH to do all the digging to remove the dead lawn and any weeds that could crop up.  Needless to say, with the 100 plus heat, DH isn't touching the shovel!

Anyway, JR retail therapy is ALWAYS welcome, correct?

Here's the schedule:  Thursday, Midnight-2AM Eastern Standard Time; Wednesday 9PM-11PM, Pacific Standard Time; 10AM-Noon EST (7-9AM PST); 2-4PM EST (11AM-1PM PST), 6-8PM EST (3-5PM PST)  and I received an email adding an hour 11PM-Midnight EST (8-9PM PST) which is not listed online.

So, what's up with you?  Please share!  Thanks~Peach

ACTUAL STATS--Join date: 5/08/08; Chicagoan now in LA; 11,521 posts

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka August 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Ripkanistas: anyone getting the TSV bracelet?  Seems like with the initial choice, these could be nice holiday gifts.  I'm still waiting for the end-of-September shipping of the last TSV bracelet (one clad gold and one blackened), so I'm passing. ~Peach

ACTUAL STATS:  Join date: 5/08/08; Chicagoan now in LA; posts 11,522.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka August 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

so far purchased the jewelry box in the pink stone, the new Athena watch in black with the pink face, and the green synthetic baguette ring on clearance.  Think I'm done for the day now.  

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

Ripkanistas: anyone getting the TSV bracelet?  Seems like with the initial choice, these could be nice holiday gifts.  I'm still waiting for the end-of-September shipping of the last TSV bracelet (one clad gold and one blackened), so I'm passing. ~Peach

ACTUAL STATS:  Join date: 5/08/08; Chicagoan now in LA; posts 11,522.

I don't wear bracelets often, but I reallyl ike this one. I may purchase!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach and Ripkanistas! 

It is so nice to see Judith back with a TSV.   I hope the heat in Southern California subsides soon.  We just went through a brief cold spell with morning temperatures dipping to 39 degrees (way too soon for that - the garden needs more growing time).

I've been working on the easy pays (making extra payments) on things I bought back during the easy pay days.  Thus, I'm just trying to watch this visit - I only have one easy pay left on one item.  I am still wanting the bangles which were a TSV not long ago and waiting to see if they go down in price (at least the first offering from each of the initial color choices). 

I think the TSV is very pretty, and I like the weight of it.  I wish the charm had been texturized more as I wonder if it will really look scratched up after awhile. 

BlingQueen, I hope you enjoy your new purchases.  LuckyPeach, did you cave on anything?  It is god to see you again here.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Peach and Ripka ladies.....had a heck of a time finding this forum.....all is OK in south Florida....watching for Hurricane Erika's path. I put the Athena watch in black with white  DMQ on waitlist. LIKE like the TSV's weight and links, but not the heart, so I am passing on it for now. I wish the hanging charms were detachable. We are supposed to get lots of rain this weekend...our lawn needs it...but I can't complain when you all in CA and OR and WA have so many fires and drought conditions.Looking forward to reviews on the TSZv from everyone. have a great night!

Valued Contributor

Ripkanistas: had one of those "must attend to immediately!" minor emergencies to deal with yesterday so I missed the rest of the shows and getting back to this thread.  Ugh!  All is under control now, though. 

I see that on the Ripka page it still lists a show Saturday late afternoon, EST and early afternoon PST but isn't listed in the schedule....so I'm assuming it is cancelled.

Will get back and answer posts this weekend, sorry.  ~Peach