Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith RIpka late May 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Late to the party this time!  I was online earlier but was detained (unplanned) during the show today...sorry.  Hope everyone is well.  I am wondering where everyone is?  I like to read product reveiws (no surprise for anyone who knows me) and have noticed that some regulars haven't posted product page reviews for six months+.  Am missing so many Ripkanistas....

Anyway, life in SoCal has been very moderate lately--"May grey" it is called here for the cloudy mornings.  As a former life-long Chicagoan, I have to admit this is one of my favorite months of the year.  Less brain-melting sun, ha ha.  Plus the campaign season is taking a toll.  Not only the ridiculous national headline grabber, but also local in-fighting.  Every day, the mail brings more ugly facts about competing candidates for the California Assembly.

This mini-visit has only two shows:  Thursday 6-8PM Eastern Standard Time (3-5PM, Pacific Standard Time) and Friday 10AM-Noon  EST (7-9AM PST).

Please stop by if you see this and share what's up and what made it to your cart (or what you wish made it to your cart). Heart Thanks~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith RIpka late May 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Did anyone get the OTO multi-gem bar necklace (J330465) or stick earrings or cuff-style ring?

I went on waitlist for the bar necklace.

Did anyone catch that flash sale much earlier in the day?  I did by accident and was really, really bad....roughly an extra -30% off of about 200 pieces of JR clearance for a major temptation.  Overwhelming, really, for any Ripkanista!  ~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post number: 11,558.

SAVE THE VAQUITA! (vivavaquita dot org)

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith RIpka late May 2016 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Hello Peach, hope you are doing well. It is warm in Texas and storms almost everyday. In fact we are watching the radar now. A hugh storm is coming this direction. I caught a bit of Judith this afternoon and purchased the romance bracelet in gold clad with the garnet stones. I have always loved the romance bracelets especially in gold. I love looking at them in her book. I, too, miss everyone who used to post here. Happy to see you.

Trusted Contributor

While I didn't catch the show, I did catch the 2 hr flash jewelry sale today and finally picked up the cuff to complete my suite as it was $150 off the clearance price.

Respected Contributor

glad all you ladies enjoyed shopping for jewelry, it's so much fun.  I've watches JR. for a long time and wanted to like her jewelry but just not my style ... To me, so much of her line looks alike.  I prefer classic looking pieces, with clean lines.  Her stuff always has that heavy ribbed, scalloped, cable looking metal work which turns me off.  Although, I do like lots of D. Yurman pieces, just a bit more refined.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vickie25, I have seen that cuff in person.  A Ripka friend of mine has it.  It is beautiful.

Enjoy wearing it.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

@gtx wrote:

Hello Peach, hope you are doing well. It is warm in Texas and storms almost everyday. In fact we are watching the radar now. A hugh storm is coming this direction. I caught a bit of Judith this afternoon and purchased the romance bracelet in gold clad with the garnet stones. I have always loved the romance bracelets especially in gold. I love looking at them in her book. I, too, miss everyone who used to post here. Happy to see you.

GTX, thanks for posting!  Hope the storm missed you and if it didn't, that nothing terrible happened (fingers crossed!).

That Romance bangle in clad with Garnet is going to be stellar and timeless.  GOOD PICK!

Yeah, I miss everyone, too.  I think it was a gigantic, expensive mistake for the Q to alter the boards so radically.  The board system now seems really juvenile and dumbed down.  I am still hoping soon to post more often myself and try to rev things up a bit.  I have about a million reviews to write.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

While I didn't catch the show, I did catch the 2 hr flash jewelry sale today and finally picked up the cuff to complete my suite as it was $150 off the clearance price.

Vickie, OMG!  That sale was unbelievable.  Congrats on that fabulous cuff.  I got a couple of the clearance cuffs myself (Mabe Pearl and Turquoise/Chrome Diopside/Blue Topaz).  Gulp!  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

glad all you ladies enjoyed shopping for jewelry, it's so much fun.  I've watches JR. for a long time and wanted to like her jewelry but just not my style ... To me, so much of her line looks alike.  I prefer classic looking pieces, with clean lines.  Her stuff always has that heavy ribbed, scalloped, cable looking metal work which turns me off.  Although, I do like lots of D. Yurman pieces, just a bit more refined.

Hello AKGirl~ Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I'm a big fan of Judith's carved pieces, especially the Berge and roping.  ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting New Jersey Girl, what's happening with you?  Any pieces tickle your fancy this time around?  Thanks to the flash sale on a lot of clearance yesterday, I was able to get the scalloped DMQ necklace--am really looking forward to it.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count:  11,562.

SAVE THE VAQUITA:  VivaVaquita dot org.