Valued Contributor

Late Discussion: Judith Ripka mid-November 2016 mini visit... :)

My apologies Ripkanistas.  I usually post a discussion thread whenever Judith visits but totally forgot today's 4-6AM Eastern Standard Time (1-3AM Pacific Standard Time) and 1-3PM EST (10AM-Noon PST) shows.  By 8PM PST last Tuesday night I fell violently ill, projectile even and it took me until Friday to recover physically.  DH got sick the next day.  I guess sometimes it takes men a bit longer, haha.  He said his coworkers told him that all of their wives were crying.  So, that building stress is now replaced by many new worries and my head is in a very dark place.  Thus, I forgot! 

I perused the items in the shows and see a few items clearanced as well as a new Montana enhancer. However, according to the photos, there is no backing beyond the frame for the gem so I'll wait for reviews. 

Has anyone had a problem playing videos since they changed the product description pages a few weeks ago?  Mine immediately goes into an internet error.  So, no videos for me, boo!

Please share what's up with you, everything is welcome from the outside world to our beloved JR.  Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Late Discussion: Judith Ripka mid-November 2016 mini visit... :)

Hi Peachy,

Had a friend from the left coast visiting us today and she left right in the middle of the afternoon show to catch her plane, and this always depresses me, as we've been best friends since high school.  Even DH is depressed.  He's hoping for success from some injections into his cervical spine from last Friday; the first series relieved some pain and numbness but so far on this one, not so much.

Anyway, I really liked the new two-tone cuff, but don't like the price!  I'll be waiting for some time for that one to drop into the "acceptable" zone.  The kunzite/rhodolite ring intrigues me but I didn't pop for it because I have something similar in white gold already.  I put the brakes on everything else because I bought that Madison watch during her last visit.

Valued Contributor

Re: Late Discussion: Judith Ripka mid-November 2016 mini visit... :)

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peachy,

Had a friend from the left coast visiting us today and she left right in the middle of the afternoon show to catch her plane, and this always depresses me, as we've been best friends since high school.  Even DH is depressed.  He's hoping for success from some injections into his cervical spine from last Friday; the first series relieved some pain and numbness but so far on this one, not so much.

Anyway, I really liked the new two-tone cuff, but don't like the price!  I'll be waiting for some time for that one to drop into the "acceptable" zone.  The kunzite/rhodolite ring intrigues me but I didn't pop for it because I have something similar in white gold already.  I put the brakes on everything else because I bought that Madison watch during her last visit.

Sammy, nice to hear from you.  That's so lovely that you still have your high school best friend.  Mine lives in Wisconsin and I've seen her DH when he visited here some years ago but not her because she doesn't do airplanes or most other travel.  Last Christmas she sent me about 50 notes I wrote to her in HS to read.  It was an experience to meet your 15-year-old self, incredibly detailed!

Sorry about your DH's spine pain, sounds awful for him.  Would a handheld ultrasound device help?  I got one years ago on the advice of another Ripkanista and it unlocked my frozen shoulder, stopped neck pain, spleen pain, etc.  Mine came with a little black suitcase, uses gel for slip and was under $80.  It was very gentle and saved me.  Big difference after a couple of 10 minute treatments.  I am sorry to hear he is suffering.

My dental stuff is over.  I've adjusted to the new veneers.  DH still hasn't even noticed!

Did you hear about Gwen Ifill today?  So sad to lose such a fine journalist so young.

About JR:  I caved on the Verona coin cuff, now that the price is reasonable! Take care~Peach

Actual stats: Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date:  May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,596.

Save the Vaquita (vivaVaquita dot org)!