Frequent Contributor

Re: LBT necklace was missing a stone

I'm glad that others saw it too and that I wasn't imagining things

And everyone can see it now, at least until they catch the error and remove the on air presentation video, which they just posted on the product page!

Frequent Contributor

I used to be a gigantic Ripka fan. (I've collected well over 100 pieces over the years) As costs rose and quality fell, my entusiasm and loyalty fell. I still buy an occasional piece, but I refuse to pay a high price tag for items that I no longer believe are (in general) high enough quality to justify the price. The necklace in question here is an obvious case in point. It's not poor lighting or some other trick of television...it's poor workmanship and even poorer quality control. If the price for this was under a hundred bucks I'd probably just shake my head. At nearly $600.this is (another) ache in the heart of this once very happy and dedicated "ripkanista'. 

The first necklace on the bust:

ripka missing stone 1.PNG

Super Contributor

@librisfb Thanks for posting the pic.  When I first saw it, I thought maybe there was a diamonique stone in that space but it wasn't showing up. Then when they showed Suzanne, I realized that they had a defective item.  It was really discouraging to see with such an expensive item. 

I actually watched the shows today and really enjoyed them. I thought they had a good range of items.  I like when Beth presents and of course Judith is great. I wasn't as happy with the blond woman they had repping the brand, but oh well...  But showing the defective LBT necklace really put a damper on the day. It means there continue to be significant problems in the line.  Bummer.

Honored Contributor

You're right! The video is still up with Jane hosting and that stone is clearly missing.

Shoddy work at a $600 price tag doesn't say much for the quality of the line.

I have (had) a cross enhancer on my wish list....rethinking that!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

All I can say is - Wow!  About a minute into the video, after they show the closeup, you can see Judith checking the one on her neck - she realized it.  This would deter me from purchasing her jewelry now.  Like other posters, I have a few pieces from years back.  But the prices - and now questionable workmanship, have kept me away.

Respected Contributor

I also saw this slip on air with the LBT necklace, and to have a missing stone front and center like that and show a close-up does speak volumes about quality control, checking things that go on air, and I think a general worry customers now have about missing stones, bad closures on bracelets, etc., that happens all too often now.  

Watching Judith check her own necklace was sad.  Jane never missed a beat, what a pro she is.

And shouldn't that video be replaced by now????

Honored Contributor

A little OT but in the same vein, I watched a few minutes of Laura Geller and she was selling 4 colors of one product.    There were 4 products on the presentation table but only 3 colors, one of the colors was missing.  In other words, there was a color A, B, C then instead of D, there was another A.   It was a bit awkward, she's so loud & brassy.   She wasn't rude but kept saying we'll get the right color out here.

QVC must be breaking in a new employee.

Contributor

I really liked this item, and I saw the missing stone while watching the show, which made me pause. Then I was surprised to see that they posted the video of it all. After that I looked at the photos for the item because I was still thinking it would be something I would like. However, the photo of the clasp appears to show two links in the chain that have defects also. One has a large gap where it looks like it was never soldered and another looks like there is some amount of solder missing and it is discolored at that location. So between that photo of the links and the video of the missing stone, I am not planning to order it.