Occasional Contributor

Judith Ripka Stainless Steel Lexington Watch

I bought this watch in June and love it but............the edge of the band and the inside of the band has turned yellow.  I purchased the silvertone.  Since it is stainless I didn't think it could turn any color other than silver tone.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to wether or no Ripka would replace the band since it is too late to return.  The golden edge on the band is very noticable to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka Stainless Steel Lexington Watch

Go to JR website.  Then call their CS dept.  They will be more than happy to help you.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Occasional Contributor

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't know the laws that apply to advertising "stainless steel" and being able to coat an alloy (or electroplate) with stainless and still  call it stainless steel..... but that is what happened to me with a Michael Dawkins watch.

The watch was advertised as having a Stainless Steel bracelet but after a year of constant wear the "stainless" started wearing off on the inside of the band exposing a different color metal.

I was also having an allergic reaction to the areas now missing the stainless steel (wash? electroplate?)..... all I knew is that it was advertised as stainless and it certainly wasn't solid stainless but the implication to the buyer was that it was stainless steel, not stainless over an alloy.  

I was livid, the watch wasn't cheap.  I was able to read the original description and sure enough, it said "Stainless Steel Bracelet".  I complained to customer service and they were kind enough to refund.... but come on.... 

I wondered if Judith Ripka watches did the same thing.... maybe it's legal.  If it is, it's not ethical in my book.  I can't wear anything that has an alloy base with something else (that I usually can wear, like 14k or 925 silver, or stainless) merely being bonded, washed, or electroplated onto the alloy!  This should be disclosed.... someone like myself would never buy it because my skin destroys the coating because it's reacting to the metal underneah..... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

just not the same quality it used to be.....

Valued Contributor

Call QVC customer service and tell them what happened. The should send you a replacement or issue a refund. I thought it was all stainless too. The JR watches are supposed to use ionic plating which is considered to be the best in the industry. This should not have another color underneath. It should be stainless steel period!