Super Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka March TSV and Anniversary

I like the TSV ring but don't plan on getting it this time around.  It reminds me of the turtle ring. The turtle ring did not present well on TV, but in real life, it turned out to be a sleeper.  I've loved that ring and eventually got a second one for my sister.  I actually like the TSV design a bit better than the turtle ring.

It's odd that they call this ring the Olivia ring when it looks a lot more like the Linen ring. I guess it doesn't have the Linen crosshatch and instead has the berge, but in terms of design, it resembles the Linen ring a lot more. I guess they couldn't call it the Linen ring because that would have confused people.

I too was disappointed like many of you that the 20th anniversary TSV was a diamonique ring. I was hoping for something more special. Maybe we'll see something like that in smaller quantities during the presentations - but hopefully at far better prices than the new and gorgeous turquoise pieces. I would have liked a gemstone ring more as the TSV.  Either that or a much better price on this design. 

If I watch the presentations on this ring I know I will be tempted because it is a lovely design.  I may have to watch the shows judiciously so that I can be fiscally responsible.Either way, it's exciting that Judith is having her 20th anniversary at the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 I have been tempted with the tassel, but think it's too thick for me.  If I go long...like 36" I like a pendant hanging or nothing.  I do have many of her curb link chunky pieces....I have a  15" thick curb link necklace with magnetic ends with the pave heart.....omg it looks like a dog collar.....what was I thinking!  It was cute on 10 years ago.....now I'd look like old yeller.....bahaha!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Ladies, I keep hearing about the tassel necklace.  I know it's substantial, but do I want to drop that kind of coin on what's probably a trend soon to be gone (and what DH lovingly refers to as a "drapery tie")?

@Sammycat1

i really like the look of a tassel, so for me, they dont go out of style. i continue to wear items that may or may not be "hot." when they work for me, i wear them.

i was so tempted to buy it when it was the TSV, but i decided to wait.

it did bother me that they did not make this an adjustable look.

i bought another qvc silver style TSV tassel that DID have that adjustablility.......bought it in both the silver and the clad and the matching necklaces. they were very affordable. they are not as big as the JR piece, but have lots of sparkle.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@MizKringle well, let's keep our fingers crossed for some goodies....hopefully @LuckyPeach will have a thread going during the shows!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 I do agree with you on the non-adjustability factor....I'd rather get something that I can modify and play with.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 I have this in my wishlist now J335099

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And.....J330458.  J331582.      J334480

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

And.....J330458.  J331582.      J334480

J330458.....JUST put this on my wishlist a day or so ago.

J331582.....i like this one also, and it was recently on LTS at a great price. however, a friend of mine just got it and it arrived broken. she also said it looked and felt quite inexpensive, with no luster to the black spinel, and that it was very light in weight. she mentioned that the rough cuts on the black spinel were also catching on a lot of her clothing. it is also on my wishlist, but now i am not so sure.

there is also a gorgeous barbara bixby tassel that is on sale, but still over $500.

J331636

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies.  I like the upcoming tsv and already ordered it.  I have the new love bracelet and also agree that it will go nicely with that.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ladies, thanks for your opinions on the tassel necklace.  I did not realize it was not adjustable.

I like the look of the original Linen ring, but the TSV doesn't seem to have the same proportions.  Something is off.