Regular Contributor

Re: JUDITH RIPKA RING MARCH 24 TSV

How wide is the band? I love JR, but I have small hands, and her rings practically cover my knuckle! I wish she would make a smaller version of the Green Goddess ring.

Occasional Contributor

The chrome diopside in the ring I received is a dark green, not light at all.

Honored Contributor

@sunlover wrote:

@sunlover wrote:

I wish my stones were a darker green.  Years ago we purchased chrome diopside in Russia and the color green is gorgeous.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the chrome dioside as well. It is my first piece in this color. I love it! It is nowhere near the color of peridot! It is a beautiful deep green, almost emerald, but, with a touch of yellow. I also ordered my usual size, and it fits perfectly. I do agree with the comments on its weight, however. But, I feel the price is synominous with it's weight. My biggest problem is to try and avoid ordering another color! It is a very comfortable, everyday wear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dead Eye wrote:

I ordered the chrome dioside as well. It is my first piece in this color. I love it! It is nowhere near the color of peridot! It is a beautiful deep green, almost emerald, but, with a touch of yellow. I also ordered my usual size, and it fits perfectly. I do agree with the comments on its weight, however. But, I feel the price is synominous with it's weight. My biggest problem is to try and avoid ordering another color! It is a very comfortable, everyday wear.

Based on the last 2 posts, it seems I received a clunker as my stones are a light yellowish-green.  As I said, I have chrome diopside purchased in Russia that is a deep, rich green.

Respected Contributor

I am on the fence about this ring. I think I will wait until it is presented. Hard to decide unless I see it on the hand. 

Honored Contributor

I posted this in the  TSV forum today.  

Sure reminds me of an Or Paz ring I've owned for a long time (price I purchased it at was $89.99 which has gone up since then):. Similar gemstone choices too,  I have Or Paz in chrome diopside and it's beautiful.  In mine I sized up one size which was the right thing to do.

J278726

http://www.qvc.com/Sterling-Silver-Gemstone-Textured-Ring-by-Or-Paz.product.J278726.html?sc=J278726-...

Esteemed Contributor

To those who have this ring, how long is it from knuckle to knuckle?  The description online says 3/4 inch and RIck last night said it was 7/8.  It looks closer to the latter.

I want to know because it makes a difference on my hand.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Just got my ring today and it's a keeper!  I ordered the blue topaz.  It is a very dark blue - kinda close to the blue ITKWD mugs of anyone has them.  I feel it's just the right weight - you're aware you've got it on, but it's not clunky.  And, in the sunlight the blues stones are gorgeous!

@Sammycat1

If you still need the measurement:  it's 1/2" in length - stone to stone lengthwise.  I have tiny hands and it fall just right before the knuckle.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Just got my ring today and it's a keeper!  I ordered the blue topaz.  It is a very dark blue - kinda close to the blue ITKWD mugs of anyone has them.  I feel it's just the right weight - you're aware you've got it on, but it's not clunky.  And, in the sunlight the blues stones are gorgeous!

@Sammycat1

If you still need the measurement:  it's 1/2" in length - stone to stone lengthwise.  I have tiny hands and it fall just right before the knuckle.

@eddyandme

Thanks -- I went ahead and ordered it...mine measures 3/4 inch (accounting for the curve of the ring) and it covers the lower part of my knuckle, but not so badly that I can't bend it.  (I don't have tiny hands but my fingers are shorter, if that makes sense). It's a keeper -- my london blue topaz stones look like blue diamonds!