Valued Contributor

J327583....Ripka Verona Initial bracelet....

My black Verona initial bracelet is beautiful except for the fact that the bottom DMQ stone on the lobster claw clasp has half of its side gone!  It was set with the right hand side of the stone totally gone but they shoved it in the prongs and set it anyway. The top two stones are gorgeous and sparkling like crazy but the bottom one was dull and you could see there was something wrong right away.

There was not another one for me to replace it with in the initial I wanted so went and re-ordered my initial in the 14k gold clad one.....it looks nice too and I hope I will like it just as much.

What has happened to the quality assurance at the Q?  I have had so many jewelry pieces in the last month....Ripka and Bixby....that I had to return due to defects of one kind or another.  Even the CS rep said this was excessive and the powers that be are going to have to address the inadequate training of their people or whatever the problem is. 

Valued Contributor

Re: J327583....Ripka Verona Initial bracelet....

That's so disappointing. I had a piece of a Diamonique stone break off on the oval interchangeable watch bezel. Its a pain but Dianonique will replce the stone free of charge. Call QVC cs. They send you a label and instructions on how to go about it.

Valued Contributor

I did ask the CS rep several times what all my options were and she never mentioned to return the bracelet and have the stone repaired....wonder why?  Obviously she was not aware of this?

But she was so very kind to offer me free express shipping on the new bracelet...I .sent the defective one back already today.  It takes so long for the Q to get things back and credit me even when I pay up front for the returns.......the pre-paid label these last few times has taken a month from start to finsih and that is just not acceptable any longer for me.

So anxious to receive the new 14k gold clad bracelet on Thursday....I'm sure it will be lovely. 

Esteemed Contributor

Motherinlaw, did you receive your 14k clad bracelet?

I ordered the byzantine with heart charm, and there was metal jutting up on the little knob that works the clasp that was so sharp it almost cut me!  I wonder at quality, too, anymore. 

Hope you got a good one!

Valued Contributor

Hi Sammycat: Yes, I did, and the 14k Gold clad is perfection!  Happy I was able to return the defective black one and there was a gold one to replace it.

It is so beautiful.   I like it better than the black one which does surprise me a bit but it is a keeper none the less.

I did have the byzantine one you have now but it just wasn't a WOW piece for me. 

If you have a problem with yours, you could consider an exchange...there should be nothing that could scratch you.

Do enjoy it whatever your decision is!  Smiley Happy