Valued Contributor

I Have Been Away and Want To Ask About Ripka

Greetings of the season.  I have not been on this forum in almost a year.  We were building a small home and then had to sell ours.  It was a long process and DH had to have surgery in the middle.

I have not even watched any Ripka shows in a bit but came to this forum first to get the skinny on her Year-End sale.  Figured people would be chattin about it but I see nothing.  I also pulled up a post where someone asked about her Dec. TSV and there were no replies. 

So what's happening.  Had everyone just gotten saturated with her jewelry?  For me, I just can't afford to purchase at the new prices.  I have many older pieces that were more in my price range.  But I do love a good sale.

Appreciate any replies.  Trying to catch up and misssed reading everyone's posts

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Have Been Away and Want To Ask About Ripka

Speaking for myself I have more Judith Ripka jewelry then I can wear but I am wearing it as often as possible.   I too have not purchased her jewelry in a very long time but I do enjoy the pieces that I own.

Her shoe line looks to be on clearance only a few selections though so I don't know how that went over with the customers since there are no reviews but I saw a pair of black wedges that I am interested in purchasing because the heel is right.

Trusted Contributor

Hi LexPex, Welcome back!

Yes, you are correct in that there is not much going on here on the Ripka Forum.  I think there are a few reasons for that. 

The prices are high, and many people already have a large collection.

But I think the major reasons are that there is a large Ripka group on FB and a few months ago  QVC revamped the whole Community format.  Many of the forums were discontinued.  In fact, initially, there were no sub-forums.  There was no dedicated Ripka Forum which caused many posters to leave.  After many complaints, QVC started the My Favorite Brand  Forum where Ripka can now be found.  So, luckily you were able to find us. 

I am not on FB and continue to post here.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

Do you know that Judith sold her company and closed most, if not all, of her stores?  I guess the golden days of Ripka are over.  She still appears as the company rep.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Judith Ripka is owned by Xcel Brands, the same company which owns Issac Mizrahi, Liz Claibrone and Halston. 

Respected Contributor

I think a lot of ladies have just about all they need or want from this line.  I will say that I don't think her line appeals to a lot of younger women but I could be wrong about that.  I do have several pieces and enjoy wearing them.  Also, I believe the prices to be outrageously high and women just will not or can't pay those prices.   She did sell the company awhile back so she is no longer the owner, only the spokesperson.  Her line isn't featured on QVC nearly as often as it use to be.  I enjoyed watching and still do at times but like everything else, my taste in jewelry changes and evolves to other styles and designs. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ripka's price point has become higher.  She still sells beautiful jewelry, but I for one have become more selective. I am sure she still sells plenty.  My pieces when I do purchase are always lovely. I own some beautiful Ripka jewelry. The shoes are getting great reviews for comfort and style.  When I want or need jewelry, Ripka is the place I look.  

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Judith Ripka and I think that if things were going well for her and her line, collectors would still be buying her jewelry. From my perspective, her prices are becoming out of line for the mainstream QVC customer, and I've noticed that the reviews on many (if not most) of her pieces are not stellar. I have also found that her designs have become "stale" -much of what looks the same with different stones or just a subtle change here and there. And everything diamonique! Too much for me! And lots of similar watches. I remember sell out after sell out of her pieces back in the day, but i don't see that much anymore. Maybe this trip. We'll see. Also, dare I say that she may be "jumping the shark" with this shoe line. Joan Rivers transitioned from jewelry to mostly clothing. Will this be Judith's new thing? I fear with her prices, the downturn in quality of her pieces, the "same old, same old" designs and the handbags and shoes might be the beginning of the end for her on QVC. Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

seeing that Judith sold the company wonder if  this would cause the line to not be not the Quailty we are used to ?  The cuffs I have are stunning ,  I wear one almost every day and it would be very sad  if the line didn't keep with the Quailty from the past.

Honored Contributor

LexPex ~ There is a JR facebook group that I joined in the summer.  It is a closed group, but if you ask to join they'll let you in.  I haven't been there in a couple months, but the sight is bumpin and jumpin!  Ladies post pictures everyday of their old and new stuff!  Many of the posters who used to post here post there and they'll know you, so don't feel like an outsider.....it is a very welcoming group!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G