Valued Contributor

Help with a Vintage Ripka Necklace

I have 2 necklaces that have been passed down to me.

1.  17 inch Onyx /Sterling with magnetic clasp, has 3 onyx beads, then a SS band that's repeated the length of the necklace to the end caps. The end caps are magnatized. There is a sterling 1 1/2 clasp that can connect to both sides of the necklace. 

2.  17 inch pearl necklace with SS rondels that have a magnet closure and comes with a 3 inch pearl extender with magnets that connects to the necklace making it about 20 inches, not sure if this is Ripka or may be Esposito if you remember him.

Both are very beautiful necklaces, wish I knew how to show a picture.

If you have these necklaces or know the item number, please note it, Qvc sometimes still have pics of old items on their site.

Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with a Vintage Ripka Necklace

Depending on why you wish this information, you can go to eBay and put in key words and go through some of the necklaces already for sale.  Oftimes I will do this with an item I want to re-sell but don't know the name of it or name of the item and it's been very helpful. The research may take some time to do but eBay search engine is pretty good as long as you are able to use varied key words....  good luck.

OH, also, you might be able to send photos to Judith Ripkas company and ask for their help.  I also believe that both Ripka and Esposito used hallmarks that specifically stamp their name (or a derivitive) of it actually on the piece somewhere.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Might be J139315 and J139153.  Hope that helps.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

Might be J139315 and J139153.  Hope that helps.

@persiflage  Wow, you're good!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thank you, thankyou!! I can just kiss and hug you right now!!!!!!!

You certainly are an expert! I'm thinking about selling them, but now that I know more about them, I might keep them. They are in excellant condition and looks new.

Valued Contributor

Does anyone remember what they cost?

Persiflage I really appreciate You!!  Can't thank you enough!

Respected Contributor

Hi, there.  Let's talk about the 2nd ecklace, first.  Yes, it is definitley a QVC Ripka piece.  I have it and I bought one for my sister, too.  She used Honora pearls in that piece, as she often did.

As for necklace #1, I'm struggling a bit to visulaize it.

Can you send me an email with pictures?  I think you have my email.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Ooops, nevermind---I read the other responses---and I also have that BO necklace. Did you just acquire these long gone pieces?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

@Maxine49 Hi Girlfriend, Yes, I acquired lots of jewelry from my Aunt who passed a few months ago. She had Bixby, Dawkins and Ripka and many sterling items items that were new in the box never worn and many she barely wore so all were in excellant condition. I'm presently trying to find some of the boxes that they came in.  Most of them I can identify but the pearls I was not sure and the hallmark was hard to see. I am selling some, keeping some. 

Nice to speak to you again, hope you enjoyed your last trip.

Valued Contributor

@Tylerpoo wrote:

Does anyone remember what they cost?

Persiflage I really appreciate You!!  Can't thank you enough!

I think they were around $140.  Glad to be of help.

libby's folly