Esteemed Contributor

Several posters were kind enough to direct me to Pranda in Rhode Island, through which certain JR pieces can be sent for repair.  Even though my ring (the london blue topaz asscher cut piece of several years ago) was beyond the usual 2-year window of repair, they took it on anyway and told me it likely would take 8 weeks.

Well 3 weeks ahead of schedule, my beautifully repaired ring arrived UPS -- in stunning and perfect condition.

I can't say enough about Julie, who handled the entire process for me flawlessly, and I'm so glad to be wearing one of my favorite JR treasures again.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1  Nice of you to commend JR's repair service.  I didn't even know they had one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

I didn't know they did either, and assumed once everything was sold off to XCel, that was it.  I'd tried to get quotes from my jeweler and his lapidary to replace one of the custom-cut trillion stones in the ring, but the cost was through the roof and I thought that was it. Thankfully a poster reached out to me with the info and I'm happy to be able to wear this piece again!

Esteemed Contributor

As a native Rhode Islander, many members of my family worked in the jewelry business including my grandmother (still have her tools) and husband.  Many of our factories are gone.....but glad to hear we still provide great jewelry service.  By the way, we are the home of Alex and Ani......