Respected Contributor

Re: silcone filled jewelry is worthless, can not sell it can not resize a ring....

Rac1, I find the bronzo to be durable. It's better than anything plated, because the plating always wears off. I've not seen anything like that with the bronzo.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: silcone filled jewelry is worthless, can not sell it can not resize a ring....

@cosmic1 wrote:
Rac1, I find the bronzo to be durable. It's better than anything plated, because the plating always wears off. I've not seen anything like that with the bronzo.

I guess everyone has different experiences.  I purchased two pieces of Bronzo Italia when it was first introduced. Both tarnished. I did not use jewlery cleaner until after they tarnished. But the cleaner had absolutely no effect on them. Will never buy another piece of Bronzo Italia. I will save my money to purchase real gold jewlery (no resin filled, plated or clad)

Respected Contributor

I don't buy jeweley that can't be sized or repaired. I like the option to either melt down for new design possibilities or for cash. You don't have to be "rich" to buy quality gold jewelry just savy.
Trusted Contributor

I agree.  They have gone way overboard with filled jewelry.  I own a few pieces of bronzo and that's enough.  Of course, you the OP has to get snarky comments.  No one can have an opinion anymore.

Honored Contributor

Most people buy jewelry because they like it.  Few are thinking whether or not they will be able to sell it in the future.

Trusted Contributor

I think that the OP is bringing up a good point, whether you agree with it entirely or not.  I don't mind buying costume jewelry if it's really cheap.  If I'm going to spend a more substantial amount of money, I want the piece to be timeless, wear well, and be repairable.

As for resale - I have never purchased a piece of jewelry planning to resale it.  But you know...sometimes things happen.  As the Great Recession showed us, a person might find themselves in a position where they are forced to sell their jewelry.  Never say never.  I keep that in mind when making jewelry purchases.

Honored Contributor

I would never purchase any piece of jewelry thinking I could sell it later for a better price ...... MAYBE I would consider who I would leave it to in my will, but that's another story.

By the way ..........   why would anyone RESENT being thought of as wealthy ??

Respected Contributor

From the time I got my first piece of 14K as an 8 yr old, I've always loved the real thing.  That's never changed for me.

I have a few pieces of fashion jewelry and some sterling silver that I enjoy wearing, too.

Life's short.  No need to put down folks for their preferences.  Buy what you want without being critical of others.

Valued Contributor

FlowershopGirl,

Unfortunately, I am allergic to stainless steel. So much so, that since my piercing studs were stainless, I started out my pierced earrings experience with an infection. It's a good idea, but the reaction starts very quickly. Sometimes I can't wear a wristwatch, it's so bad.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

It appears that you ladies are wealthy and can spend whatever you choose to spend on your jewelry. Money is not a factor for you and you expect to sell what you buy.  I don't have that type of life.  My jewelry, even gold, is not an investment.  I'm not in the jewery business.  I buy pieces to wear and enjoy and since I work for a living and like other things like vacations and clothes and nice restaurants; I won't pay today's gold prices.  So, silcone filled gold and gold over silver and Bronzo work for me.  I get my gold look without sinking a fortune in my jewelry box.  And I get to fill up my jewelry box. 

Many ladies brought quality pieces 10-15 years ago. Today, with inflation you have a piece that has increased in value 3 times. I like quality pieces not quanity.