Contributor

I don't have any children of my own and I'm 52 and single so it's highly unlikely. However I have been blessed to be very close to my beautiful 23 year old niece who will be graduating college next month and my 30 year old nephew/godson who lives in Virginia II live in PA and don't get to see him very often but he never, ever forgets me on Mother's Day, birthday, etc)  When I saw this ring it took me back to the days when they were both little children and used to hold on to my finger exactly like that! I almost cried when I heard the man who was on with Shawn tell the story of his little girl Olive. I'm even thinking of maybe buying one for my sister for Mother's day. At first I tried to talk myself out of buying the ring but I couldn't love those 2 "kids" anymore if they were my own! Well I just thought I'd share my story! Can't wait to get the ring!,

Respected Contributor

@Detta wrote:

I don't have any children of my own and I'm 52 and single so it's highly unlikely. However I have been blessed to be very close to my beautiful 23 year old niece who will be graduating college next month and my 30 year old nephew/godson who lives in Virginia II live in PA and don't get to see him very often but he never, ever forgets me on Mother's Day, birthday, etc)  When I saw this ring it took me back to the days when they were both little children and used to hold on to my finger exactly like that! I almost cried when I heard the man who was on with Shawn tell the story of his little girl Olive. I'm even thinking of maybe buying one for my sister for Mother's day. At first I tried to talk myself out of buying the ring but I couldn't love those 2 "kids" anymore if they were my own! Well I just thought I'd share my story! Can't wait to get the ring!,

Don't minimize your special contributions to this world, Delta!  Children remember important figures in their developing years beyond their parents, and you definitely fit the bill for your niece and nephew.  I'm sure you are as special to them as they are to you.  My father's mother died when he was an infant, and his older sister was left to raise the family of 13 children.  He always remembered her on Mother's Day because she was indeed his mother.  She never married, for obvious reasons, but was like a true grandmother to me.  My other grandmother was cold and didn't talk to me much.  Enjoy your ring.  YOU EARNED IT. 

Honored Contributor

@Detta  You don't have to "own" children to love them dearly.  Get your ring and wear it with pride and love.  I heard Scott and thought his story was very sweet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

You folks are so sweet! Thank you! You made my day and I will think of you as well when I wear the ring!

Valued Contributor

Re the ring: I hope you enjoy wearing it, but I, for one, find it rather bizarre looking. I have five children and four grandchildren, so I'm a Mom, but I wouldn't buy or wear this thing.

Maybe I'm not your usual sentimental mother.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

While I'm not much of a ring wearer, I agree with you Kachina. 

If nothing else, after hand raising three baby sparrows, I do recall the sensation of their little feet clinging to my finger as they learned balance.

I didn't see Scott's presentation but I did read his blog, it choked me up a little.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "I Love" Ring

[ Edited ]

On the fence, I like different rings, but this is bizarre looking.  I DO LIKE THE SENTIMENT behind it.  I am a Mother of three, a Grandmother of nine and a Greatgrandmother of eleven.  The only ones that keep in touch with me is my two sons.

If I got the ring it would be for them, my Dad, Grandmother and step mother all who showed me so much love when they were alive.  At 80 I am blessed with my dog and cat.  a few friends still living.  I am on the fence about the ring.  Those that get it, enjoy the memories.

I  just thought of something in my life, THE HAND OF GOD, that has been with me all my life and protecting me or comforting me.  Now that is something I do believe in for me. It would make a good match with the angel ring I wear on my right hand.

Respected Contributor

Sentiment is lovely ... the ring is ugly.  Not feminine at all.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

While the sentiment of this ring is heartwarming, the look of this ring actually creeps me out. Can't put my finger on it (no pun intended lol) as to why but maybe it's the black detail outlining the fingers, knuckles, etc. It's just very weird looking to me.

Perhaps without the black on it, this ring would be much more appealing. 

Honored Contributor
What a lovely story and you can tell Scott is gaga over his kid. It certainly would be a conversation piece, people will stop you constantly and ask about it. I sure would.