Frequent Contributor

The pieces weren't always as pricey as they are now.  I have many pieces of her jewelry, but I no longer buy it due to the high prices.  I treasure what I have, but won't be buying more unless the prices come WAY down.  And I don't think they will. 

If you are interested in her pieces, I suggest you shop for them on ebay.  You can find many of her older pieces there, and sometimes get a great price.  Pieces from the old days when she used genuine stones!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor
I have a few of Judith's earlier pieces, when she used genuine stones in silver settings. They are lovely and are heirloom pieces. I stopped buying her jewelry some time ago when I felt her jewelry wasn't up to previous quality and prices became extremely high.

Trusted Contributor

All I can say about JR jewelry is my whole batch of it looks exactly like it did the day I received it.  Her jewelry doesn't tarnish, turn, discolor, fade - you name it.  And I have both sterling and gold clad.  I have bought many clad pieces from other vendors where those things I listed above have happened as I wear them. 

Because of this, I consider JR to be high quality jewelry that is worth the extra money.

Respected Contributor

I love my Judith Ripka jewelry. I think my choices are  beautiful and classy. I generally stick with the sterling silver metal.  If I need a new piece of jewelry I look at her stuff first.  Due to the increase in price I am much more selective, but I am generally happy with my choice.  I have dressed up a lot of my clothing with some lovely pieces of Ripka jewelry.  

Respected Contributor

I have to agree, my JR pieces still look like new.  There is so much debate about this but I tend to buy what I like, what I can afford and enjoy what I end up with. 

This arguement can be made with so many other brands.   I get this all the time with my Louie Vuitton bag. "it's not even leather" etc.  But the answer is the same as the above.

Life is to short to second guess my puchases because of other opinions.

Deb

Honored Contributor

I believe there are several reasons for this.... one is her name.  She's a Madison Ave jewelry designer and that alone bumps up the price.  The price of precious stones, gold and silver went up astronomically and that drove up the prices as well (and they should have come down when the gold and silver came down) but didn't.  Also, the incredible popularity of her jewelry on QVC.  All these factors (I believe) have contributed to the sky high prices we've seen in the last couple of years.  

But JR should see that after the incredible popularity of her TSV bracelet that by providing a quality item at a lower price point for QVC will ultimately sell more, as well as introducing even more QVC buyers to her line.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor
Lots of pretty pieces,but I think overpriced and not enough stretch pays. So I am staying out of it.
Regular Contributor

I somehow ended up getting daily emails from MYHABIT which is part of Amazon which often has lists of jewelry for sale including occasional pieces by Judith Ripka. You might want to check Amazon (I just peeked there and there are 151 pieces listed but these don't appear to be on sale like the ones at MYHABIT)