Occasional Contributor

Need someone to enlighten me re. Judith Ripka's jewelry . Why is it so pricey? Her pieces are lovely but in my opinion somewhat overpriced. Please advise why I am wrong.

You're not. Her pieces are WAY overpriced. Especially for those pieces that are just sterling, no precious stones. Most of her pieces are big and gaudy as well. Definitely not for petite tastes.

Honored Contributor

She offers some moderately priced items too.

Trusted Contributor

She is an award winning jewelry designer whose name commands higher prices. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: judith ripka jewelry

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

She offers some moderately priced items too.

For instance, today's lunchtime specials. I bought Judith's 'laugh' cuff on sale for $99 a couple months back. Orignally it was over $200 - which was way too much! The quality and fit of the cuff, plus the sale price - it  was a keeper. Then today it was a lunctime special for $83 & change. I bought 'live' version!!

Honored Contributor

I agre her prices always seems to be a little out of wack.  I feel the same about Carol Brodi's Rareities on HSN.  Her prices always seem to be higher than anyone elses.  I know Barbara Bixby's are pricey however her pieces are very substantial with very nice gem stones.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes you can get JR pieces at TJ Msxx.

Valued Contributor

Because Q has convinced people they are getting DESIGNER, COUTURE jewelry even though it is mass produced with, for the most part man made materials. IMO charging what they do for PLATED gold is obscene, however, slap a designer name on it and people will buy ANYTHING.

PT Barnum was right, indeed.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Sold most of mine on the Bay and listings keep appearing daily. You don't get much return on your money. I'm avoiding this brand. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Margo Channing wrote:

Because Q has convinced people they are getting DESIGNER, COUTURE jewelry even though it is mass produced with, for the most part man made materials. IMO charging what they do for PLATED gold is obscene, however, slap a designer name on it and people will buy ANYTHING.

PT Barnum was right, indeed.

Plated gold pieces in general have become cost prohibitive- have you looked at Technibond pieces over at hsn lately?   It used to be such an affordable alternative- no way now though!