Super Contributor

Yo! - 12/11/11 - Edward VIII gave up the throne for "the woman I love," 1936

Good morning and happy Sunday to us all.

Glorious, but very chilly, day out there. The sun is just sparkling all over the place.

I can't believe that I managed to do it, but both double batches of cookies from scratch - choc chip & butter cut out - were completed by 3:30 pm yesterday. At that point I decided to begin the laundry, take & shower and get out of my nightgown and slippers with an apron over it, and told DH that by the time I finished the shower he had to decide whether dinner(my breakfast) was in/grazing, bring in or out, cause I wasn't cooking and I needed breakfast. I got so involved in the cookies and completing my task at hand that, other than a banana & cup of tea, I hadn't eaten and looked positively ravishing in my nightgown. If I had JRQ on it might have saved the day. Smiley Happy We went out to dinner at a Chinese buffet to which we had never gone before. It was good; really enjoyed what I put together for the hibachi. For dessert I ate something I had never tasted before - a persimmon. Having no frame of reference I don't know if it was good or not, but it was edible. It was very sweet and has sort of a slimy texture, but not disgusting. Anyone know more about persimmons?

Right now my family room looks as though a cyclone has traveled through it, with cards, gifts & wrapping paper all over the place. Might as well fess up that I really, REALLY hate wrapping gifts. And, to boot, I''m so terrible at doing it. Of course, the arthritis adds another element to the whole thing. The bag things only go so far, especially with kids who want the thrill of tearing off paper.

Until DH wakes & I can shower & dress, I'm off to read the paper and nosh on something or another.

Make it a great day!

PS

All three of my ombre earrings have shipped. Oh boy!