Super Contributor

Why are the Sapphire and Ruby Monaco rings so much higher in price...

than the original Monaco rings she sold? Boy I am glad I have three of those original rings before they went up so high in price!

Honored Contributor

Re: Why are the Sapphire and Ruby Monaco rings so much higher in price...

I think there is a computer program that tells them where to raise prices. Really.

Contributor

Because those stones along with emeralds and diamonds have always been more expensive than other stones because they are considered precious stones. Worth more to find and sell
Occasional Contributor

I agree SemperFi, I reconciled the higher price to be due to the precious stones set on each side of the ring. In addition a slab of ruby or sapphire is set below the rock crystal. Last night Judith mentioned that rock crystal has been harder to get, which is still only a small factor in the price. I know the price is higher but I love the dark blue of the sapphire!!!!
Honored Contributor

I also think drinking Kool Aid has something to do with these prices.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2014 depglass said:

I also think drinking Kool Aid has something to do with these prices.

.......and with some of the above stated rationalizations in defense of them. Kool-Aid for sure.

Valued Contributor

The "sapphire" and "ruby" rings ARE DOUBLETS, for crying out loud.

I think she counts on people forgetting, overlooking and telling themselves they are fine jewelry with pricey stones.

She has really jumped the shark.

Frequent Contributor

Actually, I received the blue sapphire ring to day, and it is gorgeous, The pave stones on the side are NOT diamonique, bus genuine blue- not black- sapphires. That accounts for the difference in price. I have four of the previous version, but the genuine stones take it to a different category. For me, it is a keeper.
Super Contributor

Thanks for the comments...I was away from the computer and just now back...glad you like yours paintbrush..I could not afford that ring right now...hopefully it will go on sale later Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

My thought exactly.....these rings should be half the price! Let's face it! They aren't putting high pieces of quality slabs of sapphire and ruby in these rings. It's a decent slab and then they put the rock crystal on top to give it the rich look.

The pave work on the ring adds to a lot of the cost to. If they are putting natural stones and not dmq that will up the price...