Frequent Contributor

Re: Who doesnt own ""THE Cuff""?

On 2/19/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Wondering why you're asking, knittybitty?

Do YOU own it? Do you want to own it? Are you just gambling on how many times it can retire before you'll order it? Just curious.

I'll tell you, I own it as well as the Lil' Sis, but I wear "The Cuff" much more often.

Lola, maybe you didn't mean it, but your response to me seemed snarky. Did I take it wrong?

Frequent Contributor

On 2/20/2014 JanDoll said:

I have it and 2 of the little sister cuffs and I love and wear them all! They are very classy & classic! I highly recommend.......!!

JanDoll, thanks for that response. I am asking, because a few years ago, I ordered THE cuff, and I sent it back. It just didn't suit my taste at the time, but my taste with Ripka since then has gotten bigger and bolder, lol. I seem to really be drawn to it now.

I own 2 lil sis cuffs as well, and I wear those all the time. The Big one is on clearance again, and I was thinking about re-ordering.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, ladies!!!!!

I think I will re-order. It's worth a shot! It's just that my wish list is so very long right now, that I'm prioritizing, lol.

Last time I ordered it, I had a baby, so my jewelry tastes have changed.

Super Contributor

I ordered it a while back and immediately returned it. IMO, it was uncomfortable, way too heavy, and didn't fit my lifestyle. Having said that, the piece is pretty, just not for me.

Regular Contributor

I am a huge fan & collector of JR, but somehow this cuff never really appealed to me & I never ordered it. If you like it, they are a dime a dozen "over there". I thought the cuff looked a little bit clunky & I just wasn't crazy about that new texture. However, I do like the narrower one & would have ordered it had I not had several similar SS & DMQ cuffs of that width. I never really understood why that particular cuff became "THE" cuff. As far as all SS & DMQ cuffs go, I much prefer the PIA cuff & the new cuff w/ the big asscher-cut DMQ stone in the center. I just can't say enough good about that spectacular beauty!

Valued Contributor

I wear this cuff on my left wrist everyday. My wrist is very small, but I found this one to fit well and doesn't turn over on me, I've had it forever! I wear my diamond tennis bracelet often with it, and it is in gold, but I've Used my silver/gold/rose as my mom always did this!
Respected Contributor

I have The Cuff in both Silver and Clad and they are the cuffs I reach for the most---and I either layer or not. I've pared down my collection somewhat and sold some items, but I'll never sell these babies. To me they are fundamental pieces in the Ripka Collection.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 2/20/2014 PpprMintPatty said:

I own it but never wear it. I probably should have sent it back.

I wore the lil' sis cuffs(have 2) a lot but haven't lately. I liked them for layering.

I seldom wear mine either. It's too big for my every day life. When I dress up I usually wear gold. I have 3 smaller cuffs and seldom wear those either.

I've worn the CP upcoming TSV more in the last 2 weeks than I've worn any of my JR.

Honored Contributor

really liked the silver detail work and the "ribbing", but didnt want the diamonique.....so they have been a pass for me. i prefer the berge cuffs or braided cuffs with no diamonique now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have and love The Cuff. I haven't worn it in a while, because I prefer its icy, all silver look in the summertime. I don't usually wear cuffs in winter with my down parkas as I am afraid I might lose one when taking off my coat.

There are some days in summer and fall when I just want to wear silver without gemstones of color, and this cuff fits the bill. It is simple, yet heavily textured, and I reach for it often when it is warmer outside.