Highlighted
New Contributor

What kind of partial refund should I be entitled to? Calling all gold "experts"

This is not about a QVC piece but can I still post about it? You guys always seem to know your info on gold so I thought you could help me out! Much appreciation!

I ordered a beautiful champagne diamond ring set in yellow gold. It was advertised as 14K but when I received it tonight it clearly states 10K gold.

I do have a good relationship with the online seller and I do think this was an honest mistake but I would like to ask for a partial refund since I'm getting a lower grade of gold. Here are the specs:

45 champagne diamonds, total carat weight: 0.5ct
diamond clarity SI1
10K gold, solid, not plated
weight 4.5 grams

Original asking price was $625.00 when it was advertised as 14K. How much of a refund would you ask for? What would be fair?

Thanks!!!!!

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View