Respected Contributor

What is a good CZ/diamond stud size for everyday wear?

Do you think 1.5 ct CZ or diamond studs (each ear) are too large and/or gaudy for everyday wear?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Re: What is a good CZ/diamond stud size for everyday wear?

Not if you're comfortable in them.  I wouldn't go any larger for every day.  I personally love a 1ct in each ear.   Have fun and enjoy your 1-1/2s!!!!

Trusted Contributor

That size would not be believable for my life style. I wear 1 carat total weight (1/2 each ear).  I think 3/4 carat each ear would be the biggest that I would wear.

Go for what you think looks good on you!! 

Trusted Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

That size would not be believable for my life style. I wear 1 carat total weight (1/2 each ear).  I think 3/4 carat each ear would be the biggest that I would wear.

Go for what you think looks good on you!! 

That is my comfort zone also - 1/2 carat each ear - believable and yet still noticeable.  I wear mine in a second piercing though - they are not my main earring.  If it were I'd go 1 carat each ear.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your honest opinions (that is what I am looking for). :-)

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

Funny you should ask....I just received J112296....I was looking for an everyday CZ, too...check them out....I love them....

Valued Contributor

That would be a lovely everyday, believeable size. Just a little sparkle but not bling. And anyway, real diamonds of average or slightly less quality would be very affordable in this size - 1.5 carat per ear - but the diamonique is so much prettier. 

Respected Contributor

I think it depends a lot upon how long your hair is, the shape and size of your face and earlobes, and also where you live.   When I was working and wearing suits,  2 ct per year was my go to for everyday.  Of course, in those days, all jewelry was bigger.

These days,  for running around,  my favorite is a 1 1/2 ct per year stud (3ct TW).  I also have a pair of 1 ct per year (2 ct TW),  but I find them a little small.

Regular Contributor

I think also you need to take a lot of other things  into consideration when deciding earring size...are you tiny + petite? Are you an average size gal? Or are you a tall, full figured or plus size? Do you wear your hair short or long? Off your face or does it frame your face?.

My personal choice because of my frame im 5'10 + a size 18 + my hair style: kind of like Marybeth Roe just a smidge shorter I wear a 3 ct in each ear!!! But it is all the same scale as me so it works. Tiny little studs look silly on me. Same for rings. I wear a size 8. A small stone makes my fingers look stubby. My engagement ring is a 3 stone ring..2 ct in center + 1 ct on either side. Plus I wear an eternity band + a solid band...it works on me. If I was a petite gal it would look crazy on me....

Respected Contributor

I think 1 ct per ear is perfect for me.