Honored Contributor

Same here.  Everything was not my kind of stuff or that Jai stuff.

Maybe they will have something in Jan. or Valentine's Day.

Esteemed Contributor

It was ungodly hot & humid yesterday all day and night so I stayed in watching a lot of tv and channel surfing. Now normally when I surf to QVC the volume is so low I have to turn it up then back down when I change channels. It's only with QVC that happens and I don't know why. Well yesterday when Rick came on to host for the first time I can remember I had to turn the Q volume down! Heavenly days above was he wound up and loud. He was actually in yell mode.

He must like doing the jewelry shows and his excitement gets him carried away! Man LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl I'm glad to hear someone else mention the volume levels being lower for QVC. 

I barely watched yesterday. I wasn't terribly interested in what they were showing. I haven't bought anything from Affinity in years. Oddly enough I have a pair of earrings like the ones they were showing that I bought YEARS ago (not from QVC). They are in my safe deposit box, so I wasn't going to spend more $$ to buy what I consider to be a lesser quality version. I bought a pair of similar looking earrings from DMQ so I could wear them and not worry.

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch more than a few minutes. But I bought two things - the JAI braided leather   
bracelet w/angel heart charm; and the eterna gold petite cross necklace. I hope I like them in person. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl He is loud all the time.  That is his style.  Maybe he does it to keep himself awake.

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I thought this was a good gold day and other jewelry day.  I bought a great necklace from JAI at a great discount.  I had been eyeing it for awhile.  I did notice they had the heavy hitters hosting - not the newbies!

oh, tell us, tell us--what did you get?????

Respected Contributor

I used to love the gold days, back when it was all gold - no silver, no gemstones. I'd prefer to see just a few hours of gold items rather tha 24 hours of a "prertend" gold day.

Super Contributor

Like many of you, I bought nothing. Some of the pieces were more than $200 a gram.

I don't understand why QVC can't, or won't, lower their gold prices. They sell more jewelry in one day than a jewelry store does in a whole year.

I think the days are long gone when you could buy a beautiful chunky bracelet for around $200. I remember those days because I have some of those very affordable pieces that I still enjoy wearing.

It wouldn't surprise me if QVC stopped having gold days. The prices are so high that most of us either can't afford them or we refuse to pay that much.

As far as Infinity Jewelry. To me, it's a joke. !3 is commercial grade and the worst clarity you can gget. Infinitty is !2 clarity. The prices are outrageous for pieces set in real gold. I've watched some of the video's and to me the pieces look like salt chips. Just my opinion.

Valued Contributor

Re: What a snooze fest!

[ Edited ]

QVC can’t win with a gold only day. It’s just too expensive now.

If they tried to show items which reflect all budgets, people would complain about pieces being too small, too flimsy and yet still too expensive.

In the past they’ve tried to pad the gold days out with gold over resin and of course we we all remember the Bronzo years. They weren’t popular either. In these times, people don’t have the budget for the high prices of substantial gold but they don’t want to spend their money on fake costume jewelry either.

Seems to me that selling silver is the best way forward. I’ll take silver over Bronzo any day.

They just need to rebrand the events. They’ll have do that anyway because those event names are starting to become socially unacceptable to celebrate nowadays. 

Respected Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

They just need to rebrand the events. They’ll have do that anyway because those event names are starting to become socially unacceptable to celebrate nowadays

According to whom? When?