Honored Contributor

What a snooze fest!

[ Edited ]

This has to be the most boring, totally uninspired gold day ever.  Very little new. Prices too high for very little gold ( even with price of gold). BTW, silver is not gold even if plated.

Contributor

I agree, the worst I have seen in 25 years

Respected Contributor

I was about to write about this.i can't belive the prices on several pieces.ive bought nothing. Good thing I had to work both jobs today!

Esteemed Contributor

i took a long nap today!!

Valued Contributor

I haven't purchased any new jewelry in quite a while so I was looking forward to today's programs. I didn't buy a single item. I'm wondering why nothing I've seen has appealed to me. Same boring styles and nothing unique. Oh well, I'll use the money I saved towards something else. 

Honored Contributor

They had to include the silver, because of the high prices. But gold is very high.  And most places continue to price them around $100-$125 a gram. Either online or in stores.  I don't know how many  more years, consumers will have to depend on silver in order have jewelry.  Gold is so high, it affecting the price of the entire piece with precious gems, diamonds, etc. Up till now, the setting was never that much of a factor.  Now it sure is.  Gold is past platinum.  I just saw copper jewelry (all copper) on JTV.  My skin crawled seeing that. Copper is the culprit that triggers silver to tarnish.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart  I do agree with you. I liked the JAI silver offerings better than the gold. Times are really changing and not for the better, I used to love the Klondike shows. Watched them with my mom over the telephone.

Respected Contributor

I thought this was a good gold day and other jewelry day.  I bought a great necklace from JAI at a great discount.  I had been eyeing it for awhile.  I did notice they had the heavy hitters hosting - not the newbies!

Trusted Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I thought this was a good gold day and other jewelry day.  I bought a great necklace from JAI at a great discount.  I had been eyeing it for awhile.  I did notice they had the heavy hitters hosting - not the newbies!

Yes on the heavy hitters. Just saw Rick D. and Leah Wiiliams. I couldn't even tell you the last time I had seen them hosting anything! I wish QVC would offer the replica of Leah's tennis bracelet again. I have kicked myself many times for not buying it back a few years ago when it was being presented.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

I tend not to watch when the TSV is Affinity.