Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:
Q4u. Thank you. That is pretty.

How long have you been wearing it?

Does it tarnish?

Did you get your regular size?

I got my regular size and it fits beautifully and have been wearing this version about 20 years (prior to that I was wearing my grandmother's rose gold ring in 18k which started to wear because it was s soft)....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure how happy you're going to be with the weight of either of those rings.  I have a feeling they are going to be very lightweight.

To answer your question, I like the second one better, but can see how you might not want to wear it all the time because of the "gunk getting stuck in the crevasses" factor.

Do you definitely want gold?  You can get something pretty hefty in silver for that same price.

Trusted Contributor

I like them both, but prefer the first. If I had to wear a ring everyday, I would want a simple one that would not catch on clothing or scratch things.  

Honored Contributor

Simple bands can be lovely, but I generally prefer them to be a bit on the thicker side. The thin ones, no matter how they're crafted, just seem not to stand out. Hence, of the two, I prefer the second.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

No, I'm not stuck on gold.  I thought silver would tarnish and be troublesome, but maybe not?

Honored Contributor

Silver, when worn daily, is unlikely to tarnish because the constant rubbing against your skin, clothing, and anything it may come in contact with will keep the surface tarnish-free.

If you type "sterling silver band ring" into the search bar 577 items come up.  You'll have to narrow your search to get rid of the ones that have gemstones, but you may find something you really like.

It's probably worth a look.

Honored Contributor

If you want something heavy and really worry-free, check out stainless steel band rings.

Honored Contributor

From personal experience, I can tell you that if you wear a ring embossed like the checkerboard ring, it will be a smooth ring in no time at all.  All of the embossing will wear off.

My husband and I had beautiful heavy embossed rings, mine is like new because I don't wear it often, but his is smooth as silk with no embossing at all.  We did have a jeweler engrave new embossing, but that too wore off.

Respected Contributor

I'd suggest staying with your original ring but replacing the stone with a CZ.  Jewelers have cz stones on hand, I know mine did. 

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Sadly, the diamond fell out of my wedding ring and has not been found. (Reminder to all: get your rings checked.) I do not wish to replace the diamond but would like a simple band to wear in its place. I've ordered these two linked here: (sorry, do not know how to post a pic)

Eternagold checkerboard http://www.qvc.com/EternaGold-Checkerboard-Pattern-Silk-Fit-Band-Ring,-14K-Gold.product.J315628.html...

Eternagold polished and rope band ring http://www.qvc.com/EternaGold-Polished-&-Rope-Band-Ring-14K-Gold.product.J323065.html?sc=J323065-SRC...

I would appreciate any thoughts about these rings or suggestions for others here or elsewhere. My mother always wore a plain gold band, but I'd like something with a little design. I need a durable ring since it will be worn all the time. Thank you.

Unless you wear a size 5 the second ring won't work.

A cz or moissanite could be installed in your wedding set and no one would know any difference, except you.

I was looking at stainless bands here on the QVC website for a work wedding ring.  $22.00 seems like a great price.