Honored Contributor

Re: WHO WAS THE LADY WHO REPRESENTED BEVERLY HILLS GOLD JEWELRY?

@Pearlee

Good point!  I have tried to find a Beverly Hills Gold site and haven't seen any. But don't recall whether I checked further than the Q for the Imperial Gold.  Maybe there are pieces available on EBay or somewhere like that.  I've never bought anything from these places and admit that for some reason I am scared to do so.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Always thought the Imperial Gold line was really costly.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Always thought the Imperial Gold line was really costly.

It was hand made and was extremely labor intensive, which added to the cost.  All my pieces have heavy gold content too.  There were occasional TSVs.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I miss it too, still have a few pieces including my favorite rope chain. Also miss Imperial Gold of which I also still have 2 rings both of which have a pliable top to help in getting them over your knuckle. One of them is the wheat pattern which they were known for, the other one similar, both still beautiful. Geez they are so old I think they're from back in the Jeff Hewson days as I seem to recall him hosting the Imperial Gold shows with a lady named Linda. I've been with QVC so long I still recall the host named Steve Catanuto!

I'm a real old timer here, too. Steve's last name was Colantuno. If you want to take a walk down QVC host memory lane, see this post that Judy Crowell did a few years back.

http://www.judycrowell.com/blog/?p=1205 

Hope the link works. There are pictures of former and current QVC hosts from way back. And gosh, some of them look like teenagers! Ha!

Honored Contributor

Spoiler

Clarence! I'd forgotten all about him. He was so funny and pleasant - loved Clarence!

Contributor

Yes, it was Claudia Hollingsworth who was the rep for Beverly Hills Gold. I loved their pieces and had several of them. My home was burglarized in 2009 and all of my beautiful jewelry was taken. I had a lot of 14kt gold pieces that I had purchased from QVC since 1996, all gone. Unfortunately I did not have a rider on my insurance policy so I also got only the maximum amount of $1000 to cover my loss. Not anywhere near what it would have cost to replace all those lovely pieces. I never bought any of the Imperial Gold as it was a little too pricey for my budget at that time but was very beautiful. I miss a lot of the vendors and product lines that QVC used to have.