Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS...... September 2016

Yes, Jena,  I have the black/SS and the white/SS.   I had the black sized this week and wore it out last night.  It was comfortable, but in the humid and hot weather we are having,  it was a little tight by the end of the evening after walking back to the car from the air conditioned restaurant.

Now,  I don't know if I should have 1 less link removed from the whtie one,  since I'll wear that one mainly in summer.

I'm hoping to get  the white one sized this week.   But I have to decide on how many links.

I'm glad you are enjoying your watches also.   I noticed the diamonds sparkled like crazy in the restaurant,  but at home,  not so much.   I guess it depends upon the lighting.

Trusted Contributor

I have a black IP Renato automatic, red stones in the "8" and the hours.  LJ! You own this one right?  Anyway I haven't worn it for a long time and within 7 hours it will run an hour fast.  I have never encountered that before.  I have never used my Renato 'fix it for life' warranty yet.  I have a Quartz Renato that runs a little slow but never sent it in.  I decided to just live with it.  Hmmmm.  I may never send this one I either.  Since I don't wear it every day, the little time I do wear it, I probably will live with this one too.  Oh well...we'll see what gives with it tomorrow.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena:  I'm sure I have that watch too,  but I can't remember.  Try giving it a full wind before you wear it.  This is the advice that Wing Liang always gives for automatic watches that aren't worn every day.   Sometimes just the wrist action doesn't keep the mainspring properly wound.  In any event,  if it works, it's a quick fix.

I've used the lifetime warranty twice,  but not recently.  I would certainly call before sending in a watch:  to check it out and understand the process and also be sure they are still around to service the watches.

Trusted Contributor

LJ, thx for the comeback.  I wound it to start with and I haven't wound it since.  I reset the time 2 hrs ago and already it's running 20 min. Fast.  Unbelievable.  I think I will take it off and let it run out of steam.  Then I'll wind it up again.  I really haven't had trouble with my automatics.  This may be my 2nd case.  My first was an Accutron and I believe WOW took care of it @ no charge.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I just checked, and yes I have the black IP Renato automatic.  I always thought the stones were dark pink.  I'll have to look at the watch in daylight.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

LJ, I'll have to do the same but maybe in the sun.  You may be right.  Maybe they are dark pink stones.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I looked the blk IP over and it diffentially  has pink stones on the hours and a pink cabochon that really gives the color away.  You win LJ.   image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

As fall approaches,  there are a few cooler days and it's a great time for me to get out my larger, heavier watches.  I'm also bringing out the black ip and gunmetal watches in anticipation of wearing darker colors soon.   As with handbags,  I rotate my collections.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to

Spoiler

revive this dead thread.  We get so taken up by politics, and our everyday lives that our watch collections are suffering......lol...lol..lol.

Anyway I've been taken back by looking at that white ceramic TM Blue Manta, diamond version and I love that watch.  So it's about October, I still want that watch.  I see it offered by Ashford, eWatches and World of Watches.  By going thru Mrrebates I can get $40 off at WOW.  But I want a better price.  So I'm holding off but I've been wondering, does anyone here own it?  LJ?  

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I'm happy to talk about watches again.  Yes,  I have the white ceramic/SS TM Blue Manta with diamonds.   It's a very pretty watch.  But I think the diamonds sparkle more on the black version.   I haven't had the white one sized yet... it's on my list,  but I haven't gotten back to the watch maker since I had the black Blue Manta sized.

From the lack of activity here,  I'm guessing I'm not the only one who was bored by the recent watch events.   Not only didn't I find anything of interest,  but I didn't even watch much of the shows.   Wow,  times have changed.