Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS...... September 2016

New month,  new Watch Collectors thread.   Join us to discuss all things watches.... your treasures, your latest finds, your wish list, or your watch questions.

Everyone is welcome to join in the discussion.

Anyone tempted by any watches last night?????  A certain black IP automatic with diamond bezel danced in my dreams.  So far,  my credit card hasn't come out of hiding.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS...... September 2016

[ Edited ]

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Anyone tempted by any watches last night?????  A certain black IP automatic with diamond bezel danced in my dreams.  So far,  my credit card hasn't come out of hiding.

I was watching that show and the black IP reminded me of my 35mm Renato automatic with bezel surrounded in red rubies??  Anyway I can't buy another when I don't wear that one.  The yellow gold with the platinum MOP dial and double row of diamonds also, I own so many YT platinum dials.  That leaves me the SS.  Still on the fence on that one.  Hopefully it will sell out....problem solved. Smiley Wink

ETA:  Thx LJ for the new thread.  You beat Java to it. Smiley Happy. Up early, huh?  Smiley Happy   Do you own that blk IP Renato too?

With only 30% off of that TSV, I feel down the road if any supply is there, it will be offered at even a better price.  Of course it may be a return.  $429 kind of stops me cold.  Too much for a watch I don't need.  But those of you who don't have a collection, this is a pretty one. Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies!

It seems I haven't been here in forever. Just busily trying to sort things out as I will be retiring in 4 months! Woman Surprised

No real recent watch purchases, although I've been watching some of the Invicta shows. I had gotten one of he bone collector skull watches, and hadn't been able to size it. I gave it one last shot before taking it to a jeweler, and was successful.

Unfortunately my jeweler that changed batteries for only $5 retired in July. I can change many myself, but some I can't. I finally took my Akula to get a new battery. i have lots more! One job for this weekend is going through my collection. Some that I don't wear may hit ebay to try to sell them.

I hope all is well with everyone! I'll try to pop in more often.

Frequent Contributor

Hi watch collectors!  My first time hereSmiley Happy Never really thought about it before but with as many watches as I have I guess I really am a collector. Anyway, have any of you seen that iridescent looking watch from Invicta's Venom line (evine # 630-004)? I just spotted it yesterday...OMG...I'm obsessed! I can't stop thinking about it! But at almost $600 it'll be awhile before I can justify spending that amount. The good thing is they don't have the ladies version yet so I'm safe. But, WOW, I love it!

Respected Contributor

rickiraccoon:  Welcome to the watch collectors thread.  Yes,  I saw the iridescent Venom... both the bracelet model that sold out earlier in the week and the strap model.  I'm with you,  if they had offered a smaller case,  maybe 40mm,  I would have ordered one for sure.   That was one beautiful watch.

Respected Contributor

Jazzy:  welcome back.   Glad to hear you finally have a plan to retire.  You work so hard,  you deserve to have a great retirement.   I too have a bunch of watches that need batteries and a few that need sizing too.  I just haven't been able to get to the watchmaker for over a month.

Don't be a stranger.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  of course I have the black IP Renato automatic.  But  mine doesn't have a ruby bezel.  I think there might be some pink stones in a subsecond subdial at 6 o'clock.

I might have had  harder time resisting the black IP TTV if it had a better movement.  Had that watch been Swiss made,  I would have ordered it for sure. Woman LOL  I have more than enough SS and diamond watches and a few GT ones too.  So I was safe.  But,  if the price were lower.... I might be tempted to get the black one in the future.   As of this morning,  all the ladies models,  except the black one, had sold out.   I was surprised that was the one left,  unless they ordered more quantity in the black.

Respected Contributor

Hi all...

Been very busy with this last project!

I had posted, but LavJ had beat me by 5 minutes or so.  

They have never put a 40mm Venom on a bracelet. It is magnificent in 46mm size. It's large and is more like a cuff. I don't know how that would play on a 40mm.  That irridescent Venom is a fantastic piece.

Sadly, I am not findiing very many "cool" pieces this time. You might see some interesting pieces at low price points, but nothing great. The Grand Diver was really nice, but it is nothing that we haven't seen before. However, we have been promised something very special for the holidays. Unless they were talking about the Disney. I don't know what it could be.

Could it be a smaller San VI? A reissue of the Pro Diver 34mm Swiss Auto with meteorite would be great. So many women never had the opportunity to get that watch. No time to search IWG's online catalog now.

Respected Contributor

I finally had my TM Blue Manta sized today.   Since it's Sept already,   I had the black one sized.   Next trip to the jeweler and I will have the white one sized too.

Trusted Contributor

Hi all.

LJ, so you have the black sized....don't you just love it on the wrist???  I was wearing my white the last couple of days.  When I look at the retail on those watches, we got ourselves a deal.  I have the wht/RT and you have the wht/SS right?

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY