Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS --SEPTEMBER 2015

Jena: I know, my posts keep disappearing. And sign in doesn't work right. The only way I've found around the problem is to sign in before typing a response, and then use quick reply.
Respected Contributor

That happened to me too.

Respected Contributor

Ladies, I know there is a tradition not to wear a white watch in the fall/winter time. I put my white ceramic watch away for those seasons too. 

But I am so in love with my new Capri watch that has a white leather strap,I am not ready to put it away. 

What do you think?

Respected Contributor

The white watch/Labor Day thing sort of went away. You can pretty much wear it year round.

However, in the Northeast, they tend not to do it as much. (although it is done.) I have been known to wear a white watch with a soft pastel cashmere sweater.

Or sometimes it looks gorgeous with all black.You can try it and see for yourself. If it makes you feel self-conscious, then it won't work no matter if it's "OK." And if you live in a warmer climate, you can wear all year.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Java, I live in New Jersey and very rarely see white accessories in the cold months, with an exception like you said white sweaters.

Oh well, I should've ask them about different band color or purchase 2 bands. Guess I was too excited to get the new watch!

Respected Contributor

Sanna, while I don't wear white band watches in the fall and winter, it's because I have so many others I want to wear. But if you want to wear your white band watch, just coordinate it with your outfit and make it a fashion accessory.
Respected Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:
Sanna, while I don't wear white band watches in the fall and winter, it's because I have so many others I want to wear. But if you want to wear your white band watch, just coordinate it with your outfit and make it a fashion accessory.

I am the same way, I have too many to wear  and I am watching seasons, color of my jewelry,occasions,etc. 

It is just new love for me. Lol 

I am thinking of contacting the company and purchase another strap,different color,either red to match the heart or blue to remember the amazing island of Capri.

Respected Contributor

If anyone is still interested in the abalone SAN I, they have dropped the price to $257, which is still a good price for that watch.

If you're holdoing out for a Once Only or Clearance, I don't think it would ever be much below that $239 and by that time, you definitely would get a return. You might not see that anyway. On some items they have determined that the TTV is to be the lowest.  On some things, they never reduced it below that level and the Clearance was higher.

I think they got smart realizing that people waited for deep reductions. I think they took deeper discounts knowing how much they expected to net. I am not saying all things, just a few.  The Excusion, at 239 was deeply discounted. You notice that they didn't toss it out at $99 and by that time you had a few defective watches in the mix.

Respected Contributor

The info on the SAN III abalone is up...630-567.
No pictures yet and not orderable yet. Will be curious to see what the pricing is for the event.... right now it's showing $326
Respected Contributor

Time to start October thread.