Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS...... OCTOBER 2016

@JavaQueen wrote:

It's open at $109. LOL. 

So, without the dive box the watch would've been $30 according to Kendy. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

LOL.....

Normally, the OG on sale is about $69--$79

Stupid dve box.

Regular Contributor

Hi all!!
New watch! I am liking today's Special. I love goldtone watches and white dials. I found them the easiest to read. I really don't need another dive case though. Any thoughts??? Thanks!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seashoregirl:  if you like the size and the style,  then go for it.  Price wise it's reasonable.   It's in the price range of the other automatics that Invicta has done as TSV over the last few years.   Those were prodivers, or grand divers,  had same or similar movements, and were in the $129-139 range, with some kind of dive box.  And they didn't have beautiful mother of pearl dials.

We can't do anything about the fact that they package it in a dive case and that has to affect the price.

If I didn't have so many prodivers and grand divers,  including automatics,  I might have gotten the Ocean Ghost.   I like the way it looks.  I have a thing for mother of pearl dials.

Respected Contributor

As of right now, that price hasn't changed. I love MOP dials too.

BTW, Wing actually came out with a 38mm. Very modestly price at $79. Yes, it comes with a box. But a very reasonably sized one that you could actually use. It is from the Collection M.

My pick is the blue dial version.

I think the Baby Lupah with abelone will be a specail. It looks ike it. I do like the BPs on a bracelet.

I can see that one selling out.  I think they don't make enough of the smaller watches, so they can have sell outs. (that's just a theory.)

Trusted Contributor

If anyone wants a Gevril GV2 Marsala diamond watch, they have some on Rue La La today at very good prices. They also have many other brands, including Michele.

Respected Contributor

Rue LaLa is a great place to get watches.  Guess evine won't be selling Gevril or fortis anymore.

So if you like those brands, that's the place to go.

Honored Contributor

I am loving this watch!! I don't own an Invicta watch and looking forward to getting this one.  I can't believe the price is under $60. I will have to have links taken out anyone know about how much that will be?

638-905- Invicta Baby or Grand Lupah Quartz Abalone Dial Bracelet Watch

Respected Contributor

Pecky:  I love the Baby Lupah with the abalone dial also.  I have several Baby Lupah on bracelets and they are very comfortable.... much more so than on straps (in my opinion).  

Jewelers generally charge around $10 to remove links, although some can charge $15 or more.   So ask before you start the process.  It should be a set charge... for the service,  not based upon how many links they have to remove, or how many adustments they have to make for a good fit.  In general links are removed from both sides of the clasp so the watch is balanced on the wrist.   If it's an odd # of links that need to be removed,  that's not a problem.   I prefer the shorter side of the bracelet to be at the 6 o'clock side for a better fit on my wrist.... but everyone has their own preference.   I've learned I need to tell the jeweler or they will not shorten the bracelet the way I like.

Enjoy your new watch,  the abalone dials are stunning.

Respected Contributor

The abalone dial baby lupah is a special this day only (under $70) until 6 pm eastern time.  Despite the fact that I have a collection of abalone dials already,  I'm very tempted to add another one.