Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS...... OCTOBER 2016

Kachina:  Hi and thanks for the info.  I'd love to read the posting,  but I'm not on FB.   Anything more you can share?

Trusted Contributor

Since I am not a friend of Shawn, I can read only so much.  Looks like in August 2015 he said he was at The Liquidation Channel for 2 1/2 years and couldn't be happier.  The LC is on Dish I guess and I don't get it.  What he is doing now, I don't know.  Kachina, good to see you here.  Are you a friend of Shawns, do you know if he is still at LC?

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena, I have Dish & the LC is on channel 274 for me, but it might be different in your area.  I don't understand how their pricing on LC works.  It's like some sort of falling auction or something, but I've never watched long enough to find out.  Just tell me the price & don't play around & I'll decide if I want to buy it.

I couldn't tell you when Shawn is on, even though I'm friends with him on Facebook!  I'm just not that interested in jewelry anymore. 

I was able to read what Michael Davis wrote about Tim's departure on his Faebook page, even though i'm not friends with MD.

Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies.

Thanks for the BD wishes!

For anyone eyeing a watch at Evine, there's a 20% off coupon - BEGOOD - valid through 11PM ET tonight.

Jena: I wear my TM Neo Classic watches a lot. I have both the white and black ceramic versions with diamond bezels.

I think Java and I both have meteorite diver watches that are Swiss made, from years ago.

Invictameteoritediver.jpg

Respected Contributor

Beautiful watch Jazzy.   Glad you are enjoying it.

Trusted Contributor

Jazzy, I love that watch.  Wow.  Gorgeous.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jazzy, 

What a great memory. It is a gorgeous watch.

Yes, I have that same watch. There were three versions: black IP, silvertone/goldtone and black IP. Swiss with auto movement. How often have we heard that in presentations of women's watches? They are out there, just be prepared to pay for them, since Invicta has chosen a different path.

I can't remember who had what. (I knew Jazzy had one.)

So much has happened since we purchased those watches. Many of whom were into collecting are no longer around.  Some permamently. Remember pek? Then there was sherm, Red Ryder. (Jazzy might remember.)  Jim Skelton "retired" from television. No more Renato. Lior sold out. Croton among the walking dead after the recession and Sandy.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all

Happy Monday!

Before I get started on my project, I thought I would drop in and say Hi. Remember what I said about this mysterious "special watch" for women being brought in by Invicta? (evine.)

Invicta 42mm Subaqua Noma III Swiss Quartz 1.93ctw Diamond Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch - 627-298atch" being brought in by Invicta?

I believe I have found it.

http://www.evine.com/Product/627-298

Please take at a look at this..

• Watch Country of Origin: Final assembly changed to China, effective 10/11/16

I don't know what is so "special" about a Chibaqua. I know I was scolded by someone who said "It's a watch, Ok? "No. It's a Subaqua and they're supposed to be Swiss Made. Anyway, this is the first time when they noted that they switched the COM. (country of manufacture) 

What is going to get me is how it is presented, as if it were the Swiss model.

That's my bit of "watch news " for today.

Respected Contributor

Java:  thanks for the info.   I agree with you....it's a nice watch,  but the details make a big difference in the quality and value of a watch.   Glad it has a Swiss movement,  but that's not the same as a Swiss made watch.

It will be interesting to see how the watch is presented and how they price it for presentation.  At the right price,  it's a very nice watch for someone who loves a large, heavy watch and wants a diamond dial.   I have the SAN III and do love the bracelet design.

On the plus side,  it's great to see that they are getting more detailed on the specs and updating thing like Country of Origin.   It's hard to find detailed  watch specs

anywhere else.  Evine does a much better job than most.

Respected Contributor

LavJ

They are being forced to. The Swiss are clamping down on what they define as "Swiss." as 1/1/2017, that watch better originate from Switzerland.

I will see if I can find the links to this news. We will probably no longer see Swiss Made pieces from Invicta that are affordable.