Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS --OCTOBER 2015

Hi all,

Time to start a new watch collectors' thread. All are welcome to come and talk watches. We look forward to hearing from you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS --OCTOBER 2015

[ Edited ]

Thx Java for the thread.  I do see the new SAN up with the new picture.  I'm not in love with it so that makes it easy.  Of course I've been known to change my mind once  I see it live.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Today I found out that my PayPal Credit line was increased by quite a bit. And there's an Invicta event coming up. This does not bode well. Woman Surprised

Trusted Contributor

I see a price on the new Abalone leather strapped watch today.
What do you think?? #630-567. $228.55.

Respected Contributor

Jena: I think it's a good price for a Swiss made reserve watch. But it just shows how great the deal on the SAN I on the bracelet was at only $10 more. Are you thinking of buying it?
Respected Contributor

No dive box! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

LJ, i do like the gunmetal. I hope I don't like it enough to buy it after I see it shown. I like the three hands, no chronos so an uncluttered dial. But that guard over the stem just makes it stick out so far. I have been tempted to remove it. Does anyone else have a terrible time posting anymore??? I get tired of trying two or three times to get one post here.
Respected Contributor

Jena:  the only way I can post is to be sure I am signed in at that moment,  and then try to post.  Regarding the abalone SAN III.... I'm thinking that I can't pass that dial up or I will be obsessing over it for months.  And I love the fact that it's a 3 hand movement and an uncluttered dial.  I'm willing to overlook the crown guard on the SAN III.  It doesn't really bother me,  although I would be happier without the extra metal too.  My only hesitation is the fit of the strap.   I will have to wear another strap SAN III that I have (same strap) and decide.

Trusted Contributor

The gunmetal with abalone dial ought to be a nice look. I don't own many gm and I do like the leather straps. Geeze, I'm beginning to own way too many large dials. The dial on the 47mm will have to suffice. That is what I keep telling myself.
Respected Contributor

Jena: my GT SAN III on the black leather strap is on the wrist now. White mop dial is radiant. Abalone dial is calling my name.