Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS........NOVEMBER 2015

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Well ladies,  I caved and finally bought the SAN III abalone with the SS bezel.  The coupon pushed me over the edge.  I've been drooling over that big abalone dial since they first released the watch.  I don't need it,  but I needed a treat.

Ok LJ, when you say  "that big abalone dial", are you saying you snagged that 47mm?  I'm assuming that is what you mean't.  Anyway if I can haul mine around and love  it, you certainly can.  Anyway congrats on whatever one you picked.  Item # please so I can quit guessing.  Smiley Wink

So some of you also bought new watches.  It's fun waiting for their arrival.  i hope they are all that you want.  We all hate returns.  At least 'now' the pressure isn't on to return within  30 days.

With  that 15% in mind, I can't find one to buy.  Now somethings wrong here. I'll  keep looking.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

I started having 2nd thoughts & went to cancel the Gevril that I ordered last night & it shows as 'shipped' already, so I guess I'll make up my mind when it gets here if it stays or not!  I guess my 2nd thoughts need to be quicker on the draw! lol

aub

Trusted Contributor

Aub, I looked your watch over and I can see why it appealed to you. Shipped already? Wow, they are moving inventory right out. Hopefully it will be a keeper.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Congrats all on your new watches. Enjoy them.

Jena, I think LavJ means the 42mm SANIII. Am I right? 

I have been so busy that I haven't been able to collect my package from the PO and with all the Thanksgiving rush and alerts, I thought that it could wait.

I mentioned that Vostok women's watch. It's pretty cool,, because it has a kinetic movement which means it can remain powered up for six months. No battery. Watches with those movents are easily five hundred bucks.  Seiko, I think, makes them. (Another alternative to automatic or eco dive. watches.

The design was OK.. Maybe I will look at Seiko's some day.  

Respected Contributor

It has happened lickety split for me. On a computer  and a women's Bolt. The buttons were snatched away within an hour.

aub, here's hoping you like the Gevril. And if not, you do have until 1/31 to return. Here's the other thing: they might give people until the end of January, but they will also have two more value payments--if that option is used. 

Respected Contributor

Forgot to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

Jena,  Java was right.... I got the 42mm SAN III with abalone dial.   The discount coupon covered the tax and shipping.   I would never order the 47mm,  it's just too big for me.  I passed up lots of men's Renato watches in that size,  at great discounts,  with tears in my eyes.

Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies.

Just popping in to say I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Between work, friends from England in town the last 2 weeks, and doing a lot of ebay sales, I've been busy.

It's hard to believe that December is almost upon us. I got the outside decorations up on Friday, when it was still somewhat warm.

I meet with higher ups tomorrow to discuss retiring sometime next year. It probably won't be until the end of the year, but I'll see what the deal is.

LJ: I've been wearing the abalone SAN3 recently. Trying to soften up the strap some. I do like that large dial. I have it in GT.

A wave to everyone ~~

Respected Contributor

Hi Jazzy.  Nice to hear from you again.   This thread has been very quiet the last few days.   I hope everyone was enjoying their Thanksgiving weekend.

Ladies,  Tomorrow is Dec 1.   If you stop by later,  please start a new thread for us.

Respected Contributor

off to start a December thread. Join us there!