Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---NOVEMBER 2014

aprimo: I know how frustrating that is. My last order (GT Abyss) is still showing in process too. I checked the projected delivery date and it's 2 weeks out. I suspect that some stock was committed for the shows, but was in Invicta's warehouse and had to be shipped to Shop. That probably added 7-10 days to the process. Usually they get it out faster than the projected date. I want to see my new watch. I want to know if the bracelet is really only 7" and if the watch will fit or if I have to return it.

Trusted Contributor

Here I thought I had a gripe, but I guess not after reading your posts. My 2 Abyss shipped out 2 days ago and both got to my state overnight it seems Well one box got left on the dock it seems and went out on the next truck. Well now that box is scheduled for Friday delivery now. Well the one that is delayed is the two tone, the one I really wanted to see. The box coming tomorrow is the SS and I already know I love it. Well at least its been shipped. I know this gets frustrating, but shouldn't to all the watch collectors who doesn't need it.....just 'wants' it. Lol.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena: do you know who the SS Abyss 'gift' is going to? BTW, my credit for the price reduction was posted to my credit card. And the price on the site is up to $199.

Respected Contributor

I think the Bolt Gen III in the 41mm really does have a 7-inch bracelet. I didn't see Justin put it on and his wrist is just over 7.25 inches. I never did see Tim Temple put it on either--and if he can model a smaller watch, he will. They really are stressing that it is a women's watch and in this case, that means a 7-inch bracelet. Are there micro adjustments?

Trusted Contributor

The Thx for the heads up, LJ. I took a peek at my credit card and I have my refund also. Fantastic price on that Abyss. As far as my SS Abyss gift, yes LJ I think I know who will appreciate it. Smiley Wink). Maybe I'll be giving away the TT also if it's not awesome...Smiley Wink)
Respected Contributor

Java: yes there are micro adjustments on the clasp. Otherwise I probably would not have taken the chance. Justin said 7 I/2 inches and he did put it on, but they didn't show the back, so I don't know if he had it clasped. Ryan had it on and said 7" and his wrist is 6 3/4".

Watch bracelet measurements are not always accurate. I don't know if Shop posts what the manufacturer says or if they measure themselves. But I doubt they remove the bracelet from the lugs to get an accurate measurement. So, are they measuring the inside or the outside?

What I don't understand is why Invicta would manufacture this style watch, in 41mm, and make it less than 7 1/2 or even 8 inches. It doesn't make any sense. The 38mm Scubas and Pro Divers are over 8". Most of the gemstone watches in 38 and 40mm also have longer bracelets. But the GenIII 41mm Bolt (in GT and SS) and the ladies Vulcan (on the leather strap) are both short. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I can understand a small watch, under 30mm, having a short bracelet. But not the larger watches.

Respected Contributor

I wondered about that. It makes no sense whatsoever. You would think 7 and a half.

Trusted Contributor

Gee LJ, maybe you won't have to size this one at all. It will just fit. There's always a first.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/12/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

aprimo: I know how frustrating that is. My last order (GT Abyss) is still showing in process too. I checked the projected delivery date and it's 2 weeks out. I suspect that some stock was committed for the shows, but was in Invicta's warehouse and had to be shipped to Shop. That probably added 7-10 days to the process. Usually they get it out faster than the projected date. I want to see my new watch. I want to know if the bracelet is really only 7" and if the watch will fit or if I have to return it.

Oh c r a p! I didn't even think to check the bracelet length! I've never ordered a watch, of any brand, that I didn't have to remove links. I never buy any watches smaller than 37mm and I have never had a problem with the length. I have a large wrist and I have a terrible time with bracelets (jewelry). My wrist is a little under seven inches.

The ShopHQ listing says 8.25" for the bracelet measurement. I think I would have assumed that was just the bracelet, not including the watch case. I don't like my watches to be loose, so hopefully it will be OK.

Both of my Abyss's shipped today, by UPS SurePost. I hate that, because the transfer to the post office takes an extra day. It says the estimated delivery date is next Tuesday. GRRRR!!

Respected Contributor

My SS Abyss is scheduled to arrive at my doorstep on Friday. My wrist is almost exactly 7" & I usually buy a 7½" length in bracelets, as a 7" is too tight for my taste. I hope the Abyss will be big enough, since I didn't pay attention to the measurement of the bracelet. I've always had to remove links to size a watch to fit me, never had one too tight right out of the box. (well, that's not exactly true as I did buy a Rotary watch from Jewelry TV back in about 1998 & it didn't ship & didn't ship for like 3 months & I kept calling to see where my watch was as I'd already paid for it on my credit card bill. It finally arrived in a plain white box with a blob of cotton & the watch had been sized to fit someone with a much smaller wrist than me & had been worn already. No paperwork, none of the removed links, just the watch floating around in the little white non-Rotary box! I returned it & have never done business with JTV again!)