Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.............MAY 2016

LJ, all you said was correct and the dial is surrounded by red rubies?  You have that one also, if I remember correctly.  I think that was the one I tried my darnedest to alert you that if was available and you finally saw my emails and postings.  Right?  Beautiful watch.  One popped up and you got it.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Jena,  you were my enabler on that LP white ceramic/black mop dial Celano auto with rubies.  It's  a beautiful watch and time for me to give it some love again.   I was lucky enough to be able to collect a number of Celanos.  But I still regret letting an all white with diamonds get away.  I have an all white with paisley mop dial,  but no diamonds.  The price on the diamond bezel versions was never good enough for me to pull the trigger.  Oh well,  it's not like I need another watch.  But those Celanos are special.  Glad you are enjoying yours.

Watch of the day:  SAN III abalone dial with black strap and SS bezel.  I'm wearing a vest that an aqua/turq color and a handbag in a slightly deeper turq color.  Black jeans and black T will complete the 'outfit'.  I built the outfit around the watch, vest, and handbag.

Frequent Contributor

Hola, ladies!

It's been a long time since I was here. I went on my 3 week vacation, and then since I've been back I had to catch up at work. I had a great time, getting back just before the tornados in the plains and the flooding in Texas.

My watch on the trip was my Croton Super C automatic, although I had taken an Excursion on a poly strap as a backup.

My everyday watch lately has alternated between the TM Neoclassic with diamond bezel and the SAN I abaolone dial. I really need to reorganize all my watches and see what I have, see which need batteries Woman Surprised, etc. I have one that I couldn't size the bracelet myself, so that need to get to the jeweler.

I hope all have been well. Java, how's DF doing?

I will watch the Invicta shows, but likely not buy unless there's something special or a deal I can't pass up. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi Jazzy, welcome back. Its great you got some good time away.
I decided to look at the Dooneys instead of the Invicta shows. Dooneys don't get dead batteries. It's funny when I said *t*i*c*k* it wouldn't let me post.
Respected Contributor

Hi Jazzy.  Welcome back.  Glad you enjoyed your vacation.  And hope you escaped most of the bad weather.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Luke, I have at least two in every combo of the Delano's. So if you are a hankering👹 Let me know! Wpwj40e@mac.com

my latest acquisition is an auto invicta meteorite with diamonds. Absolutely stunning from the bat

Trusted Contributor

Terry, I always loved those meteorite Invictas.  Now you own one.  Must have snagged it off the bay?  It looks like you are back in the watch business.  I love buying them.  They accumulate and then I'm drowning in them.  Too many watches, not enough time.  I get hooked on a watch and wear it for a week when I should be going only day by day to get them all out in the light of day.  Give us a shot of that latest one.  Love to see it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • #630-657.....The YT blue dial ProDiver arrived and it's a keeper.  The dial on mine is not teal, but it's a stormy blue.  Love the 40mm dial.  Great presence.  It was a fresh new one sent out, even the face had a round circle of film on it.  I'll wear it for a couple days, non stop and if it keep perfect time I will size it.  I thought maybe since I already had a YT robins egg blue dial I might return this but no way.  Love that larger dial.

Ok, how about the rest of you...LJ, did you receive yours yet?

Respected Contributor

Jena:  my GT/blue SW200 pro diver arrived late this afternoon.  And I agree with you... it's a keeper.  I'd call the dial and bezel royal blue... but instead of a purple undertone,  as in the typical Invicta blue,  this royal blue has a drop of green/teal in the undertone.   At least that's what I see in indoor light.  In natural light,  it's a pretty and true royal blue.   I love the color of the dial and bezel and the fact that this movement is thinner than the Japanese movements,  so the watch is closer to the wrist.  The 40mm size is good.   Enjoy your new watch.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @jenagal, just wanted to let you know that the Judith Ripka London watch is on a sale price today ( I think $126). I believe you wanted the silver tone green to go with your JR GG collection. Check it out , it's listed as a top find today.