Respected Contributor

Re: oRe: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

Java:  thanks again for the codes.   I was able to get great prices on the SAN I blue apatite (fingers crossed on the quality and consistency of the gemstones) and the Bolt Zeus with the blue mosiac mop dial.  It's nice to have friends who share promo codes. Smiley Happy

I debated the SAN II Mickey for quite a while.   I think the dial is very interesting and unusual.  I'm just not sure if with all the watches I own that I would be giving that one a lot of wrist time.  Too much going on combined with   too much Mickey..  The plainer pro divers and grand divers were more my speed from an asthetic view point.

But watches are a personal expression of both style and functional needs.  If I hadn't just bought 2 others,  I might have gotten the SAN II.   And the day is still young.... who knows. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

Aprimo,  Java:   I love the look of that abalone Russian Diver too.  The case shape is such a nice change from all the round watches.   Enjoy your watches.

Respected Contributor

My pleasure, LavJ.

I think you would enjoy the square RD. It's lighter and has a presence that "won't stop traffic." The abalone is exquisite. I have been wearing this every day since I got it. Ok--not during my my surgery, but most of the time.

I don't know if you saw Lynn's SANI, but it's supposed to have full cut diamonds that are G-H SI !. I guess that's pretty decent for watches these days--unless you are really going top shelf.

But here's the thing I noticed: they not only made it slimmer and smaller (at 34mm), they reduced the WR to 10 ATM. I know you're not going to swim in it, but my question is this: Is it a Subaqua if they dumb down the WR?  Usuallly, we are talking about 1650 feet for a Subaqua. That's 50 ATM, I think.  And these SANs these days are all Chi-baqua's or Thai-baqua's.

Respected Contributor

Java:  I saw Lynn's diamond watch and it was beautiful.  And the diamond quality was also a nice improvement.... full cut stones, G-H color, and SI2 quality.  Pretty nice for a watch these days.   

But it made me think.... our Renato watches had full cut diamonds,  G color or better on some models,  and VS quality on the models up until the reintroduction (VS2 is 2 grades better than SI2).   And pricewise,  even the 2.25 ct Wildebeast was under $1700.  I don't think the Renato diamonds were smaller,  and they might even have been larger.... ok, were talking fractions of a point,  due to the large # of stones.  That was enough to make me treasure my diamond Renatos and keep me from lusting after Lynn's beautiful new SAN I.  Now,  if I had another big discount promo code.... would I be tempted??????

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got another code to work.

Here's how:

REWARD1925026  

I changed to REWARD1915026 and it worked. Tried it out on Mickey.

If I get an email, telling me no, then OK. I'll let you know.. But it appeared to work.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

So far so good.
They took away the cancel button on the SAN I.
Respected Contributor

Java:  I hope you love the SAN I black spinel as much as Jena and I like ours.   Hard to resist if you got it at the once only price with the promo code. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I am sure I will. But I ordered the San Ii. They may or may not ship that to my P.O. Box. It didn't restrict it. With the promo code, the Mickey watch was only $20 more. Cannot keep both. Of course, if they change the price on the SAN 2, that will settle that.

Technically, the code wasn't supposed to work on the SANII. Again, it was chosen not for its beauty, but its rariy and different look. The Mouse isn't plastered all over it. It hink that wouldn't be as visible on the 39mm version.

On the other hand, the SANI has that auto movement, the same fantastic water resistance and the black spinels. I don't think of it as a dress watch. Oh well. These kind of things tend to sort themselves out. LOL. 

Respected Contributor

Java:  Which color did you get in the SAN II?  I'm still looking at it,  and can't decide.   The GT looks the busiest.  The black IP is striking,  but I prefer black ceramic to black IP and I have a lot of black watches.   Still undecided between the black IP and the all SS.

Respected Contributor

All stainless. Black is cool, but IP scratches