Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....... JUNE 2016

[ Edited ]

LJ, that would be a great reason.  I can't imagine getting brand new stock.  Still nothing on the website.  How is this saga going to end? Smiley Sad

update:  Something was shipped out tonite.  What I think happened, they had a few "as is" in this stock and they pieced a few together and wrapped them up like new.  I am really curious about this watch.   Hopefully I don't have to return it.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Regular Contributor

Hi all!!
I am hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased the Invicta Subaquq Noma III and I love them!! But I can't figure out how to pull out the pin to reset the time. It is flush against the case. I bought the gold and silver. It is the same on both. Any suggestions??

Trusted Contributor

@Seashoregirl wrote:
Hi all!!
I am hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased the Invicta Subaquq Noma III and I love them!! But I can't figure out how to pull out the pin to reset the time. It is flush against the case. I bought the gold and silver. It is the same on both. Any suggestions??

It probably has a screw-down crown. Have you tried unscrewing it until it pops out?

Respected Contributor

Seashoregirl:  Invicta uses screw down crowns on many of their 'better' watches.  The screw down crown enhances the water resistancy of the watch.

With the watch facing you  and the crown on the right, unscrew the crown by turning it counter clockwise... that will be toward you.   When the crown pops out you can gently pull it out 1 click to set the date and 2 clicks to set the time. 

I always set the time to 6 ( I've made this a habit because automatic movements can be very sensitive to when the date is changed,  so I don't take chances on any watch and I know 6 is always a safe time), then I set the date to the day before,  then set the watch by turning the time until it's the right date and time.  If it's pm,  then I go past the time a second time.  Otherwise the time and date are out of synch.

Then gently push the crown flush to the case and then screw the crown back in by turning it clockwise... away from you . Keep turning the crown until you feel the resistance,  then stop.  If the watch has a crown protector it can be snapped back into place when the crown is properly screwed in.

Hope this helps.  Enjoy your new watches.

Regular Contributor

image.jpegThank you. 

The only reason that I thought it a pull out crown is because the directions said so!! Smiley Happy I tried turning it for a screw down crown and I can't get it to move!!! A bit of URGH today. I have other screw downs from Invicta. The protector on the side gets in the way of getting a good hold on it. Smiley Sad I really hope it works because it is a birthday gift to me and it is passed the 30 days. I was waiting to wear it on my birthday. Thanks. I will keep trying. A little frustratied here. 

Trusted Contributor

@Seashoregirl I have that exact watch and I love it. I know what you mean about the crown protector making it difficult to get a grip on the crown. I wish you luck. @Lavenderjunkie gave you great instructions on which way to turn. Just make sure you're turning the right direction before you put too much force into it. Maybe it was overtightened or something. You could take it to a local jeweler or watch repair shop and see if there is actually a problem or not.

Trusted Contributor

Seashoregirl, I own that very same watch too. I believe the dial with the date in it, is the gents size. Right? Anyway I look at that little sc@rew in that guard and someday I'm removing it. I do not like that guard and it looks like it's so easy to get rid of it. Has anyone done that? Good luck in your getting the stem out.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

@jenagal wrote:
Seashoregirl, I own that very same watch too. I believe the dial with the date in it, is the gents size. Right? Anyway I look at that little sc@rew in that guard and someday I'm removing it. I do not like that guard and it looks like it's so easy to get rid of it. Has anyone done that? Good luck in your getting the stem out.

@jenagal The question is, would the case be plated underneath those pieces? Do let us know if you ever decide to find out.

Regular Contributor

I believe this is the Ladies size--42mm. The men's size is 50mm. I also have the 38mm with no cap cover. I love that one!! It is my favorite!! It also had the clasp where the two sides come together in the middle and there are side buttons to release them. I wish they made more watches like that!!
As for fixing this one, I will keep trying now that I know it is definitely a screw down crown. Thanks for all the help!!
I am addicted to the Abalone faces!! Love them!!!
Regular Contributor

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! They are both set. It was so simple once they just moved!! Your kindness and patience was so appreciated!!! Now need a fun event to wear them!! Thank you!!!! Smiley Happy