Frequent Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....... JULY 2016

Hi & thank you again for welcoming me & giving me space to ask all my very important watch-owning questions!
Two I neglected to ask last post:
Am I supposed to send my warranty card to TM or just keep it after I fill it out?
And, more importantly, I am left-handed & wear my watch on my right wrist. Am I still having the additional link removed from the 6 o'clock side? I don't want to mess this up!
LJ, I envy you your faith in your jeweler - I would gladly WALK thirty miles to find one I trust!
Thanks again for all the support!
Respected Contributor

chefgal:  my watch guy  (John)  is actually a trained watch repair person.  If he had his way,  he'd spend his time repairing only fine Swiss made automatic watches.   But,  like everyone else,  he has to make a living,  so he does it all.  

My Dad was into watches and found John many years ago.  After another jeweler scratched up a watch of mine when he couldn't get the back off to change the battery, (he worked on the watch for 20 minutes)  that was when I decided it was worth the drive to go to an expert.  It took John only 5 seconds to get the back off the watch to change the battery.  I know how lucky I am that John is still in business.  If you live in the NYC area,  I can give you his address.

I don't think it makes a difference which wrist you wear you watch on.  The 6 oclock side will still be on the inside of your wrist.  And in my experience,  if that side is shorter, the watch rests better on the wrist and doesn't slip to the outside.  Not everyones wrist is the same, and some people don't have a preference.  But mine is always to make the 6 oclock side shorter.... sometimes by more than 1 link, depending upon the watch.

I don't think you send the warranty card in.   Just keep a copy of your receipt with the warranty card,  in case you need service in the future.

Frequent Contributor

Whew! Thank you, LJ - that's good to know! I was planning to return to Mr Hammer tomorrow on my way to work. But, as it happens I DO live in the NYC area in northern New Jersey. Would you be willing to share the location of your jeweler? If he's on Long Island or upstate NY, it may not work for me but I'm willing to take a chance! Thank you!!!!
Respected Contributor

chefgal:  my watch guy is in Queens, in Oakland Gardens, right off the LIE near Springfield Blvd.  I don't think the trip would make sense for you from NJ.... 2 expensive bridge tolls, traffic, and a lot of miles.  People do mail watches to John for repair,  but that only makes sense for major overhalls or movement issues.

However,  the husband of a friend of mine used to take his very high end watches to a jewelry store in northern NJ.  The store was called LaViano,  if I remember correctly.  He was a collector of really good watches and said the jeweler had an excellent on site watch department.  I'm guessing their prices were in line with their high end watches.  This was a number of years ago,  as my friends have moved out of NJ.  But it might be worth seeing if they have a location near you.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone, well it is morning where I live LOL.  I am looking at the versus by Versace watch that is the TSV on Evine.  Any thoughts on this.  I like the navy blue.  I have two Invicta one of which is the baby lupah.  I am not a collector, well maybe I am becoming one. LOL but every once in a while one of the watches will catch my eye.  Thanks and have a nice Thurs. to all.

Contributor

I ordered the pink it's a beautiful watch to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Txcandy wrote:

I ordered the pink it's a beautiful watch to me. 

I ordered the blue.  They are lovely aren't they?  I was just watching was not thinking of buying a watch and then I saw this one, and you can never have too many wristlets lol.  I will post a review.

Respected Contributor

yellow919 and txcandy:  welcome to the thread and thanks for the heads up.   I haven't seen that watch yet.  I'll have to go check it out now.   Congratulations on your purchases.  I hope you love them when they arrive.  Be sure to let us know.

Respected Contributor

Just checked out the Versus by Versace watch.   Great colors and beautiful dial.  Good specs: Japanese movement, decent water resistance.   Looks like a really fun watch.  Hope everyone who bought one loves it.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome yellow919 and txcandy.  I looked at your watches and they do look like you are going to have run wearing them.  Really striking.  Nice size dial and pretty colors.  Let's us know when you get them.  We all love it when our other friends find cool watches.  Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY