Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....... JULY 2016

Jena:  both your watches are beautiful.  Enjoy them.  I also like the clean dial with the carving and the regular second hand,  as opposed to the chronos.

Frequent Contributor

Jena, OMG OMG YOU GOT IT!! GORGEOUS! AND factory fresh - this is brilliant! I couldn't be more excited for you - congratulations & best of luck! I'm excited for me too - I hope mine arrives tomorrow & looks just as beautiful!
LJ you are so right - when we find something we love we want to continue collecting. And my passions are watches & handbags too! I want get enough of either - swoon!
Oh, this is a good week for us all! Fingers crossed my watch arrives tomorrow!
Occasional Contributor

I have not been on the forum for a long time ... nor have I purchased a watch in a LONG time ... lol ... happened to check out this thread which got me started on my watch collection ... and decided to "glance" at evine and the technomarine and then just happened to pull up ewatches ... and found a great everyday watch ... TM SS White Mother of Pearl with Diamonds on a 4 hr sale for 209 .... WOW ... so I ordered it ... happy early birthday to me!!!  the ceramic and diamond ones are beautiful as well!!!  

Occasional Contributor

since I have been gone for so long from this thread ... would some of the more serious watch collectors chime in on my purchase?  I thought it was a decent deal ... but I was going by what I had paid for my other TM neo watches with diamonds ... I also just realized how long the watch band was ... I'm hoping to be able to size it down quite a bit with no issues .... I appreciate your input!

Trusted Contributor

Welcome back ksc.  I looked your watch over and I like it.  Since most of us wear a larger dial, that is the only negative for me.  I really think,it will be a nice looking watch and diamonds TM to boot. They do have sparklers.  I love those TM's and I have many.  I'm anxious to,hear your review when you get it.  Again, good to hear from you.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

@kschristine wrote:

since I have been gone for so long from this thread ... would some of the more serious watch collectors chime in on my purchase?  I thought it was a decent deal ... but I was going by what I had paid for my other TM neo watches with diamonds ... I also just realized how long the watch band was ... I'm hoping to be able to size it down quite a bit with no issues .... I appreciate your input!

That appears to be a nice watch--Swiss Made, attractive design, high level of water resistance. The bracelet is nice and long, which is a plus in my mind because I have a large wrist. I wish the bracelet of my TM Blue Mantas were anywhere near that long. As Jena said, the only downside for me would be the smaller case size. I usually don't wear anything smaller than 38mm. However, if that's a size that suits you, then it seems to be a good purchase. LJ and Java can speak far more to the technical specs and price than I can. But I don't see many Swiss Made watches going for much less than $200.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you everyone!  yes ... it is a smaller bezel ... but I have a 5" wrist so for an everyday watch it is a decent size for me and I do like that it has the date as well ... appreciate the input!!

Respected Contributor

KSC:  welcome back.  We are always happy to chat with watch collectors,  old friends and new.  I think I found the watch you purchased,  and  you made a good buy.  It's a very pretty watch and the 34mm is a nice size... not oversized, but not tiny.

The watch is Swiss made, with a Swiss movement, has a sapphire crystal, and very good water resistance.  It has a screw down crown and a deployant buckle, also very nice features.  These are all things to look for in a better watch.

I like the design and am always partial to mother of pearl dials.  TM generally uses nice diamonds.   These are small,  as they are on the Blue Manta,  but they appear to be individually prong set,  which is a good thing.

I don't believe the bracelet is 9",  no matter what the description says.  I've often found bracelet lengths posted to be in error,  and 9" sounds like a men's watch. Since your watch has 34mm case,  I doubt they would put an extra long bracelet on it.   In any event,  you should probably be able to take enough links out to make the bracelet fit.

Enjoy your new watch and let us know when it arrives.

And thanks for reminding me to keep checking other sites for treasures. Woman LOL

Occasional Contributor

haha ... I've stayed away for a number of years ... life just got busy and I honestly wasn't wearing all that I had purchased with this threads help (TM, Renato, LP Celano, Karamica ... among others ) ... Smiley LOL ... I have started pulling them out of the jewelry cases ... getting new batteries ... and wearing again ... the TM SS neo with diamond bezel is still my go to favorite Smiley Happy   I've seen the Blue Manta ... it is gorgeous ... definitely thinking about it .... the white SS was on sale ... I think I missed the sale on the black one ... so you've found other online sites than the WOW / Ewatches ... uh oh ... lol 

Respected Contributor

KSC:  I made my first purchase from Ashford recently.  They had a great price on the SS Blue Manta.  I was impressed with the condition of the watches when they arrived.  Everything was beautifully package and the watches were factory fresh plastic wrapped.  Normally,  I don't care about the packaging.... for the best price they could ship a watch in an old gym sock.   But since this was the first time I bought from Ashford,  everything contributed to making a good impression.   I don't have any experience with them regarding returns or problems.... since I didn't have any.   The other thing I noted,  at least for the TM,  the warranty is not a TM warranty,  but an Ashford warranty.